`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
A sad day for the met fans.

RE: A sad day for the met fans.
Dickey will not play like he did this year ever again. I think it was a great trade. At least they got something, if they would have kept him he would be a free agent after next season and it would be dumb to sign him to anything more than a 1 year deal which he probably wouldn't take anyway.
You should consider yourselves fortunate that Wright stayed with the team.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

Happy to see the Jays actually trying to go for it. Tired of starting the season knowing that the Sox and YAnks have already stacked teams and my Jays are yet again still rebuilding since 1994. That being said the Jays did give up their top prospects in this deal. I think this is a great deal for the Mets and a good deal for the Jays IF they can actually win.
Collecting Vintage OPC and older oddball and food issues as well as Maple Leafs.

Enjoy the hobby at it's purest form, treat it as you did as a kid.

(12-18-2012, 06:58 AM)newfiecomicguy1 Wrote: Happy to see the Jays actually trying to go for it. Tired of starting the season knowing that the Sox and YAnks have already stacked teams and my Jays are yet again still rebuilding since 1994. That being said the Jays did give up their top prospects in this deal. I think this is a great deal for the Mets and a good deal for the Jays IF they can actually win.
Pretty much what I was trying to say way too late last night when typing up my original post in this thread. Long term better for Mets yes, but if the Jays can put together a run with all their moves this is a win for them also, assuming Dickey continues on last years pace.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

THis is the perfect time for the Jays to strike with the Yanks on a geriatric trend and the Red Sox kind of picking up the pieces of a huge disappointment of a season. It would be awesome to see the Jays battle with the Rays and Baltimore for the division. Too bad they have a monster out west to contend with in the Angels, that's probably the only team that is better than them on paper right now.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

I like the Jays chances over the Angels due to the pitching rotation. Could be wrong here but I think the Angels are solid hitters but are weakon the mound while the Jays have solid hitters and pitching. Baltimore are also solid, hopefully the Jays can beat them both out but one never knows in baseball thats the great part about the game.
Collecting Vintage OPC and older oddball and food issues as well as Maple Leafs.

Enjoy the hobby at it's purest form, treat it as you did as a kid.

As a huge Met fan since there very first year '62 nothing Mets management does surprises me. I seen some really dumb moves in these years, I mean really dumb. But to put all the faith on Santana,Harvey,Wheeler to hopefully help put the Mets in the running beats them all. Harvey and Wheeler unproven yet and Santana just has to look at a baseball and he's on the disabled list is unbelieveable. Every body is right about the Mets farm system also, I go to St. Lucie every year for both spring training and to see the St. Lucie Mets play. I wasn't impressed last year at all, but as they used to say about the Brooklyn Dodgers there's always next year!!