`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
A sad day for the met fans.

A sad day for the met fans.
So lets trade our cy young winner away for _______. Listen, I'm a mets fan, and have been since I was a wee lad. I know our cousins the yanks have thier power. But whoever OK'd this deal should be put in a room filled with regular joes like me and see what happens. Your numbers, your money and your draft picks are garbage. This team needs some Heart and you just about cut that in half.

Listen, I don't post much about this kinda stuff. But I need to address this is such a brainless, hopeless and selfish move that my heart weeps sadness. Haven't we (mets fans) had enough pain and sorrow for one generation?

As always, thoughts, comments, puns and anything else welcomed Smile

- Rob
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

RE: A sad day for the met fans.
38 yo knuckleball pitcher who they got off their payroll for some top prospects? this is a win all around for the mets org. from a fan standpoint, i can see why they'd be upset, but as a GM and owner, this makes perfect sense.

i'm surprised he didn't get traded during the season.
[Image: m3OLcuF.png]
Sig by: jbel4331 / STL Cardinals & Rams Collector

As a fan yes.. But lets take it to the next level of thought. He won almost half their games. That means we need to get rid of the baggage and the (forgive my non PC) bums that can't hit for poo and start buliding from there. RA has at least a few more years. So he's 38? he throws mid 70s as a knuckler. I betcha the Nekerio bros can still fool people with that. Sure hes worth a billion dollars and has max trade value.. But look at this organization and the farm system for the past 15 years. I don't see any breakout stars aside from Wright. They have as much power in their lineup as a 5 year old with a temper tantrum (sp?).
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

If you don;t get this deal than you don't understand baseball. The Mets ARE NOT winning any time soon with or withour Dickey. They just got two really good prospects in return for a 38 year old pitcher. They did extremely well. News flash, compared to other teams top players David Wright is not THAT good. I'm a Mets fan and I understand this deal and am shocked they got that much for him. They Mets understand they need to build a farm system to be successful.
If you have less than 20 feedback you're sending first.

heres a not so wild idea.... for all we know, Dickey may be horrible this year
[Image: Z2PfG.png]

COLLECTING ALL JOEY GALLO AND ADDISON RUSSELL !!!

I know baseball.. I AM baseball!!!...... Kidding aside, when they gave up Reyes, I was happier than a tyke with a big wheel. I never liked him and sure he hit very well but somethign about him.... Either way, I understand the deal. Like the hobby itsself of collecting cards, or anything thats on top now and willing to sell off for max profit. It just makes me /sadface. Also, notice i didn't mention Wright... hes good but you know.. Things.. Just things. Ughh. Either way, it's all good. Hopefully the gamble will work!

I'm a Yankees fan, so we've got our own problems. But, my thoughts are that you guys did get get two awesome prospects, de Arnaud and Snydergaard (not sure of spelling). You lost a big piece, but got two future big pieces which begin to replenish your farm system.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

Just to point out and to look at it from the other perspective....If Dickey has another great year, and with what they have done already, cripes the Jays on paper are freakin awesome. A young overachieving but exciting Orioles team, a steady and reliable Rays team, and now the Jays...Sorry Red Sox Nation and and Yanks but you could be looking at the basement!!! (Side note to jacobystealshome please do not hold this against me as I love the cards you send me when I buy Smile ) At any rate that is one heck of a division and by far the best in baseball.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

(12-17-2012, 11:33 PM)muz0 Wrote: I know baseball.. I AM baseball!!!...... Kidding aside, when they gave up Reyes, I was happier than a tyke with a big wheel. I never liked him and sure he hit very well but somethign about him.... Either way, I understand the deal. Like the hobby itsself of collecting cards, or anything thats on top now and willing to sell off for max profit. It just makes me /sadface. Also, notice i didn't mention Wright... hes good but you know.. Things.. Just things. Ughh. Either way, it's all good. Hopefully the gamble will work!
I hope it does, because I'm also a Buffalo Bills fan. And times have been rough. The only sport I have left is Basketball and thats because I have two favorite teams Rockets/Knicks. At least we got a Cy Young out of him, and a no hitter out of Johan and a batting average crown out of Reyes last year. Its better than nothing. I do wish the Mets organization was run more like the Braves. Who spend money more wisely and know how to run a farm system. Its tough to say it, but its true.

The Mets also go another young pitcher I believe. I cannot for the life of me remember is name. They moved their back up catcher Nickeas for him. Googled it...... Wuilmer Becerra.