`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Be Thankfull For This Site

RE: Be Thankfull For This Site
Wow,I saw this post and a similar one on another forum I go on and can only say wow. So sad that people got dupped out of their hard earned money. What shocks me is that so many people were so quick to paypal over $1000's for "Mystery" lots. It just seems so risky and not worth it. If you are going to drop $4k like some of these people did wouldn't you just buy something amazing off your "to buy" list?

It was such a basic scheme and so many people just drank the Kool Aid and jumped blind. Its really sad someone would manipulate a community like that. If people put in the time before hand to check it from every angle before leaping...

For better or worse, this great hobby we all share has shifted to being primarily online. More often than not we are able to share our experiences/knowledge/passion with great like minded individuals. Ebay alone has put countless gems right at our fingertips. The downside is predators like this Haiku guy can easily take advantage of overly trusting collectors. Unfortunately the victims of that scam had to learn a very expensive lesson.

Back to the OP tho, this forum really does seem to be a better place than most. I was at the PSA forums and still am and it's amazing how many people are just jerks for the sake of being jerks. 99% of my interactions with others online since coming back to this hobby (ebay excluded) have been negative. This forum has some great cats that are very friendly and helpful. Sure there isn't much action but all it takes is a few engaged collectors to get the discussions rolling. Happy to be a part of it.

This is the only forum and trading site I am on. The others just don't appeal to me and having to start all over again building a rep and trust - and trusting the members there - is just too much of a hassle...

Yes sometimes this website is slow, but at least the members are friendly and I have hardly had any bad experiences here.

(12-19-2012, 10:32 AM)folkertino Wrote: This is the only forum and trading site I am on. The others just don't appeal to me and having to start all over again building a rep and trust - and trusting the members there - is just too much of a hassle...

Yes sometimes this website is slow, but at least the members are friendly and I have hardly had any bad experiences here.
+1
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

It looks like the people that were "scammed" were in on the whole scam. It is basically a big mess and noone really knows who is who and what is what. My guess is that it is a scam against paypal!

(12-19-2012, 10:32 AM)folkertino Wrote: This is the only forum and trading site I am on. The others just don't appeal to me and having to start all over again building a rep and trust - and trusting the members there - is just too much of a hassle...

I totally agree. Friendly and supportive and appreciative all rank really high as my reasons for joining Beckett.
Currently collecting Mike Trout, Bo Jackson and Al Kaline.

Sets for sale or trade:

1998 Leaf Rookies & Stars-- 99.7% complete.
1999 Finest-- Complete.
2000 Bowman Chrome-- Complete.
2001 Studio---97% complete.

Admittedly, I abandoned this site for some time and sold my soul to the devil that is the blowout card forum. Nothing but trouble there. Sour deals, name calling, etc. I know people sometimes complain about the membership fee but you get what you pay for and I am more than happy to pay the fee to stay away from the childishness and immaturity that exists elsewhere. Good thread.

The one and only time I've been scammed (in all of my hundreds - if not thousands - of deals) was on this website.

Someone made me a trade proposal. I accepted. I sent him the card. He never sent me anything. He then disappeared never to be seen from again.

Brilliant.

338 views, 17 replies...always thankful for results like that.

Only wished people weren't so damn lazy. Why view it and leave no reply?

Why even post anything anymore. Then people wonder why this side of the boards doesn't get a lot of play...just my Grinch moment for the daySmile Hit "like" if you agree and "comment" if you don't. LOL

I love this site but was definitely a little down about the lack of activity on these boards. A fellow member directed me there so I've been frequenting there as well. But I have to tell you that site is a mad house of dishonest shady collectors.

I don't think I'd ever be willing to trade on that site but generally don't have a problem trusting people on this site.

I've only ever had 1 problem trading and it was toward the beginning of joining by a guy named jrjumpshot. Not sure he even posts here anymore.

This is definitely a very honest site with some of the best collectors in the hobby. I'm proud to be a member and hopefully this site can continue to grow in the right direction.
[Image: Clintsbanner_zpsfba4b9ea.jpg]/IMG]

(12-24-2012, 01:02 PM)hof collector 15 Wrote: I love this site but was definitely a little down about the lack of activity on these boards. A fellow member directed me there so I've been frequenting there as well. But I have to tell you that site is a mad house of dishonest shady collectors.

I don't think I'd ever be willing to trade on that site but generally don't have a problem trusting people on this site.
I have about 80 positive ratings (and 0 negatives) on that site. There are hundreds of similar members who aren't shady in the slightest.