`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Real Captain Patches

Real Captain Patches
Everyone knows about the topps captain patch cards for 2012 but I was curious if anyone had some patch cards with a piece from a real captains patch. If you have one please post some pics, I'm very interested in looking at it. Ive got a card a card in the mail right now that really looks to me like it could be a part of a real patch albeit a very small part, I will definitely post scans when it gets here. Its hard to find images of real patches because all of the patches for sale are all made by third parties and usually not even to the right dimensions much like the topps captain cards. Im really curious to see the stitching where the patch is sewn to the jersey because the card ive just bought has it and at least to me looks authentic. Anyone interested in buying one though be warned that many people have made fakes using those topps cards.
Photobucket

RE: Real Captain Patches
I have a very small piece of a captain's patch on a Palmer card. It doesn't have part of the "C" though. I got one of the stars below it. I will try to scan and post it when I get back from work tonight...
Currently collect: NON-SERIAL NUMBERED autos, Topps, and Topps Chrome cards of players in Bengals uniforms.

[Image: 00348.jpg]
Currently collect: NON-SERIAL NUMBERED autos, Topps, and Topps Chrome cards of players in Bengals uniforms.

(12-18-2012, 12:44 PM)nineof Wrote: [Image: 00348.jpg]
Thats an awesome card my friend
Photobucket

(12-18-2012, 07:13 PM)roostersclassics11 Wrote: Thats an awesome card my friend
Thanks, buddy. I really appreciate that.

yea man thats an awesome card, def one of the coolest ones ive seen, especially with the star on it. Appreciate you gettin back to me with the pic too. Il get a pic of my card up as soon as it arrives. Still not sure if its from a captains patch or not but certainly looks like it could be. Now that I can see what a real one looks like on a card it'l deffinitely help me compare.
Photobucket

I know I saw some out of last years national treasures. I recall seeing an eli manning one. I dont know why we dont see more of these. Their awesome! I feel like their saving them all up for some special product some day. Otherwise, where the heck are they all going? Oh yeah I forgot, all we get these days are rookie overloaded products with nothing but rookie premiere jerseys in them.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

great card nineof! love the look of the blue design, nice contrast to the patch.
BECKETT SUPER COLLECTOR MAY 2010. COLLECTING KURT WARNER & MARSHALL FAULK. also looking for: tom nutten, fred miller, any card. view my warner/faulk collection at: www.photobucket.com/collectrams

(12-18-2012, 09:52 PM)p4ckattack Wrote: yea man thats an awesome card, def one of the coolest ones ive seen, especially with the star on it. Appreciate you gettin back to me with the pic too. Il get a pic of my card up as soon as it arrives. Still not sure if its from a captains patch or not but certainly looks like it could be. Now that I can see what a real one looks like on a card it'l deffinitely help me compare.
Yeah, definitely can't wait to see yours. Like everyone has been saying, you just don't see many of these for some reason. There's got to be a ton of patches floating around by now. Weird that we haven't seen alot of them yet.

(12-18-2012, 11:03 PM)420ramsfan Wrote: great card nineof! love the look of the blue design, nice contrast to the patch.
Thank you, ramsfan. Very much appreciated. One of the favorites I have in the pc.