`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Need Tips on getting a card graded

Need Tips on getting a card graded
Thinking of taking prt in Wendys send out to Beckett, and I remember reading on here, but I cant find the thread, of someone sending in there cards, only to get killed on the surface of his cards. I remember someone saying to whip the card down in a certain type of cloth. What was that cloth.

Also, any other tips before sending your card in to get the best grade possible.
[Image: NJbm45f.png]
Sold Out. Save a few cards. Pick up only what I have to have.
Banner By jbel4331

RE: Need Tips on getting a card graded
One of those really soft cloths you would use to clean eyeglasses work really well. Not sure if thats what others use but I have had success with them.

RE: Need Tips on getting a card graded
I use the cloth that came with my HDTV. Wink

Anything dust-free should work. If you're concerned/curious, go out and buy a retail pack of Topps Chrome. Pull the RGIII Gold Refractor auto and try out your cloth!! Wink But seriously, take a scrub card and test it out. Chrome is the toughest to clean, so if you don't end up with any scratches, your cloth is good.

My biggest advice to anyone is to be honest with the condition of your cards BEFORE you send them in, then you're not disappointed on the back end. Look at the centering both front AND back. Get a magnifying glass to look at the corners and edges, and wipe the surface front and back.

Or you can take other peoples approach...Put your card in the sleeve and loader, then send it in. Some folks have amazing 9.5 luck with no effort!
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos