`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DONT TRADE WITH Hitmancollectibles

DONT TRADE WITH Hitmancollectibles
Well I completed a trade with Hitmancollectibles at the beginning of November and he sent me message saying he had to go away til after Thanksgiving and to take my time sending my end of the trade which I had no problem with. Then on November 27th he sent me a message saying that he was going to send the cards out and "hoped I had a good Thanksgiving". Its December 14th and no cards and he wont return my messages. He has a ton of trades all with positive feedback. I emailed ceocards and he is trying to contact him. But I am not trading with anyone else til this situation gets resolved. If I dont get my cards I am done with Beckett. So if you sent me a trade offer I am not responding til something gets done about this. If he has a legitimate excuse heres your chance to respond. It was a pretty substantial trade with my key card I sent being a 2012 Bowman Chrome Matt Dominguez Red Refractor /5. He was supposed to send me a 2012 Bowman Chrome Billy Hamilton Auto and a couple other low end Chrome Autos.

RE: DONT TRADE WITH Hitmancollectibles
Hope it all works out
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

I have the same situation with him too. He has really good feedback and has been a good member so I'm hoping that something has come up with him.
Looking for Chase Utley, Luka, Messi, Tatis, Jalen hurts, Allen Iverson, Tom Brady, Mahomes, Josh Allen, Juan Soto, Ronald Acuna, Bryce Harper, Allen & Ginter Framed autos

Top Wants
1. Tom Brady Skybox E-x rookie
2. 1998 Peyton Manning Bowman Chrome Rc Refractor
3. Mike Trout Auto

He is still logging in to his account so I dont know what his deal is. Beckett makes us pay to be able trade, either $20/ yr or you are paying for it with your online subscription so there should be something in place to cover the people that get bent over in trade. They are making a ton of money off trades and they should be held responsible for allowing shady people on their website. Bad press can kill a good thing. I know I am done trading unless something comes of this. He is prob one of those dopes in hiding for 12/21/12 until he wakes up on December 22nd and nothing happened.

I remember him posting this http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1519805.html good luck getting your stuff back. If I were you I wouldn't just chalk it up as a loss. Try tracking down their phone number, or at least sending them a letter if you don't hear back from them you will be filing mail fraud charges, as well as filing a report with local authorities. There is also a FBI Online Fraud Dept you can file charges with as well. I had to do it a few years back and they actually assigned a detective to my case and it was resolved. Not saying you or anyone in particular but if people continue to let others steal from them they'll keep doing it. If people went after them like I would from the get go, they'd think twice before doing it again.
If you have less than 20 feedback you're sending first.

This threads being taken two ways by me. One your upset over a trade gone bad. I get that. It's happened to many of us. At the end of the day it's cardboard and clearly he needs it more than you if he is willing to do this (which hasn't been proven yet). I, along with many others, got the short end when jakelovescards went bad.

The second part of this is totally offensive IMO. To say your done because of one bad egg is insulting to the rest of us. For every bad egg there are 100 good eggs here. Your punishing all those good eggs because someone may have got you. Beckett charges for the OPG and the rights to keep your cards organized. They do not charge for trades in any way. They do have moderators in place to help and those guys do there best but they can't be held responsible or know for sure who the bad eggs are. Obviously you didn't know, so how could they?

I hope you get your cards or an explanation but righting off all the rest of us to me is not helping you a bit. It's actually helping ruin the hobby for you more than this trade already has. If you can't enjoy and share your collection then what is the point anyway.
I should add the last log in according to Beckett was the 4th. Things may be hard at home. Give him a chance before slopping his name through the mud. I know there is never a great excuse in most people's eyes but I don't see this ending bad. I think he will have a legitimate reason.

I recently bought a card on blowout before Thanksgiving. I never saw it and the last log in by the guy was the day after he sold it to me. This guy was also very good in the past and had plenty of feedback. I tracked him through eBay and yesterday finally got my card. He also sent 4 free autos for the problem. Come to find out he hadn't logged in do to personal reasons and he had forgot all about the money I sent. He made it more than right. Things do happen!!!!!
I messaged him on LinkedIn and requested he log in to handle this. Lets hope he responds. Good Luck!
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

I understand and I am in no way trying to offend anybody on here. But at some point people need to be held responsible for stealing from people. People are using Beckett.com to steal from people. That is kind of a big problem. I know there are prob 1000 people for every 1 jerk that likes to steal. But it wont happen to me again. And I have this guys address and I am going to pursue whatever avenues I need to to make sure this guy gets what he deserves. I will give it a little while and if I dont get an answer then I will deal with the proper authorities. If anyone gets offended by me standing up for myself then I apologize. But again people are using Beckett as an avenue to steal. I have a big problem with that. I said when I joined here and started trading that the first time I got hosed would be the only time. I am not going to gamble with something that I invest my money into to take a risk and have it stolen from me. For all the people I have dealt with you guys are all great but why would I stick my hand in a fire after being burnt once. Doesn't make sense. Around 150 trades this guy has some as recent as November 16th, so obviously I should trust him? What makes him with that many trades any different from the next guy with a ton of trades? Who can you trust at this point? Ill do what I have to do and deal with certain people but it is going to very limited from here on out. I pulled the main card off of ebay and it would have sold so now I look at it as stealing money from me and my family. Maybe I am over reacting but I am not working right now and I could have sold this card for at least $60 as the the last one sold for in an auction for $67.
(12-14-2012, 12:58 PM)dbroockerd Wrote: This threads being taken two ways by me. One your upset over a trade gone bad. I get that. It's happened to many of us. At the end of the day it's cardboard and clearly he needs it more than you if he is willing to do this (which hasn't been proven yet). I, along with many others, got the short end when jakelovescards went bad.

The second part of this is totally offensive IMO. To say your done because of one bad egg is insulting to the rest of us. For every bad egg there are 100 good eggs here. Your punishing all those good eggs because someone may have got you. Beckett charges for the OPG and the rights to keep your cards organized. They do not charge for trades in any way. They do have moderators in place to help and those guys do there best but they can't be held responsible or know for sure who the bad eggs are. Obviously you didn't know, so how could they?

I hope you get your cards or an explanation but righting off all the rest of us to me is not helping you a bit. It's actually helping ruin the hobby for you more than this trade already has. If you can't enjoy and share your collection then what is the point anyway.

The whole its only cardboard cliche' is really getting old. Its basically like saying its alright for them to steal from collectors because they need it more than you do. Where do you exactly draw the line, if someone steals your car is it alright? I mean after all its just some material object. I've been around long enough and have grown numb to every excuse in the book because sooner or later you hear them all and later find out most of the time they were just excuses and often flat out lies. Hopefully the OP gets his cards back, but to me if you can't get to the post office within a few days you have no business trading as you have other, more important things on your plate that your time should be focused on. Unfortunately you sometimes have good traders go bad and you just can't see it coming. It happened to me with a senior member on here years ago for a Kobe Auto. It was the last time anyone ever got one over on me, and it'll never happen again. Like I mentioned, I'd do your best effort to get into contact with the individual to let them work things out (they're already a bad trader in my book as it should never take this long to complete a trade) and if they continue to ignore you, follow through with legal action so at least there is some sort of real record in the system of the person stealing from someone. As for the person (OP) saying they are done with this site, they have every right to feel that way. If I went to a certain town and got robbed I wouldn't feel comfortable going to that town anymore if I can go elsewhere. It could have happened on any trade site but unfortunately it happened here. As for beckett being held accountable thats just not going to happen. You sign a waiver when you agree to trade here. The only thing they can do is ban the person. The only way I could ever see them being held accountable for something like this is if they knowingly and willingly let someone repeatedly steal on their site. Trading online is an at your own risk thing and works on an honor system, always has been. Unfortunately, some people's honor is worth a few baseball cards.
If you have less than 20 feedback you're sending first.

Ive traded with him multiple times and he was good, I hope it works out.

Guess that means our trade that has been sitting there for weeks isnt gonna happen now huh?

I feel bad, I just got took for a 100$ card on blowout, I got it back eventually, but if 700 trades and deals between us still make you hesitant to deal with me, then I am fine not making trades anymore with you.

I understand being very upset, but I dont agree with you and I do take offense since you have left me hanging for a while on our deal because of something someone else did.
If you are going to ship in a plain white envelope, please let me know before shipping unless agreed upon beforehand.

If you do not have more than 25 trades, you are sending first! Or else,
sorry!

Regardless of it being "cardboard", does not justify stealing. That is like telling a car owner when his car gets stolen "its just a peice of metal" and that the theif needs the ride more then you do.