`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Registry Update

Registry Update
Someone within Beckett was kind enough to inform me that new registry development and feature design has begun but that no commit dates could be shared at this point.

I really appreciated this individual and the update and I understand it's an IT resource limitation.

I understand too that database migrations can be tough, especially if you're dealing with new storage, possibly a virtualized environment, and newer versions of database software. It is prudent to redevelop the registry and then migrate from old to new, which is what Beckett appears to have done with the rest of the site much sooner.

The fact that the Registry database is not connected to the new infrastructure tells me that the Registry is sitting on some really old hardware and software that the new environment doesn't support.

Those are the nuts and bolts I've been able to ascertain but it certainly doesn't excuse the lack of decency and professionalism from their marketing and communications team to provide us with an update.

Later, my very disgruntled Registry amigos.
Twitter: @Coimbre21 - Collecting Carl Yastrzemski Topps, Jimmie Foxx, 1966 Topps Venezuelan, 2010 Topps Tribute HOF Relics & Autos, L.A. Rams Autos

RE: Registry Update
Promises promises for years, nothing but promises.

Everything they say is BS. I will believe nothing they say or do until provide a link to a working site.
[Image: Redskins_banner_1.gif]
[Image: Steelers_banner_1.gif]

YUp, same goes for me. I would also like a site that dosent take FOREVER to load pages. Wink
Wanted: any 1989 Upper Deck cards graded 9.5 across the board or better.

I have about 200 BGS cards and send about 30-50 every 2 months and this past week I have been thumbing thru PSA and looking at PSA cards on the bay JUST for the registry aspect of it. If this continues much longer I will be switching over to PSA. I love Beckett grading and love the Beckett community but this is out of hand. I want the fun and direction of a registry!
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(01-08-2013, 02:30 AM)branesergen Wrote: I have about 200 BGS cards and send about 30-50 every 2 months and this past week I have been thumbing thru PSA and looking at PSA cards on the bay JUST for the registry aspect of it. If this continues much longer I will be switching over to PSA. I love Beckett grading and love the Beckett community but this is out of hand. I want the fun and direction of a registry!
I'm with you, I really like the grading team and the fact that they office here in Dallas where I live and can walk into the grading office. But at some point their customer's hands are going to forced as mine have already been and yours may be. I will still use Beckett only if and when the registry is back up but I've already turned to SGC and PSA for other parts of my collection. I get no thrill out of saying that.
Twitter: @Coimbre21 - Collecting Carl Yastrzemski Topps, Jimmie Foxx, 1966 Topps Venezuelan, 2010 Topps Tribute HOF Relics & Autos, L.A. Rams Autos