`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going for a sub bump

Going for a sub bump
I'm about to get this Tom Brady RC, graded a BGS 9.5 w/ subs 10,10,9.5,9.5. I have never sent in a card to get a sub bump before or even get one graded. Is there anything I need to make sure I do or anything I should stay clear of? For instance, sending it in in it's graded case as opposed to taking it out. Any advice and experience is appreciated.

RE: Going for a sub bump
(12-12-2012, 08:55 PM)batemanshouse Wrote: I'm about to get this Tom Brady RC, graded a BGS 9.5 w/ subs 10,10,9.5,9.5. I have never sent in a card to get a sub bump before or even get one graded. Is there anything I need to make sure I do or anything I should stay clear of? For instance, sending it in in it's graded case as opposed to taking it out. Any advice and experience is appreciated.
I think in order to get a sub bump, you have to leave it in its BGS Slab. Beyond that, I have no clue what you're to do.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

Just leave it in the slab I sent 4 cards in for myself to be looked at the all came back with the same subs ! fyi
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

With those subs, I wouldn't waste the money to try to get them bumped. Even if one bumped, you'd still probably have a 9.5 overall, so what's the point? A 9.5 is still dang good in my book. I guess it's up to you.

(02-03-2015, 10:30 AM)KPRROK Wrote: With those subs, I wouldn't waste the money to try to get them bumped. Even if one bumped, you'd still probably have a 9.5 overall, so what's the point? A 9.5 is still dang good in my book. I guess it's up to you.

Not true.
If either of the 9.5 sub grades bump to a 10, the overall grade will bump to a 10.

Remember, the overall grade is typically going to be .5 higher than the lowest subgrade.
For example if his card was a 10, 10, 9.5, 9 Then the overall grade would be a 9.5.

But there are exceptions, a card with 10, 10, 9, 9 Will be a 9.
A different example 9, 9, 9, 6 Will be a 7

(02-05-2015, 12:34 AM)altz11 Wrote: Not true.
If either of the 9.5 sub grades bump to a 10, the overall grade will bump to a 10.
+1 You are correct. When I gave my answer, I was merely commenting on how to do a sub bump.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!