`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OK what am I missing here?

OK what am I missing here?
Ok I was browsing EBay this morning and came across this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-13-Panini-P...2c6a8c37c4

What am I missing? Damian Lillard Rookie Gold 1/10 for $1500??? Why would this be $1500?!

RE: OK what am I missing here?
(12-12-2012, 01:11 PM)Jbittman Wrote: Ok I was browsing EBay this morning and came across this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-13-Panini-P...2c6a8c37c4

What am I missing? Damian Lillard Rookie Gold 1/10 for $1500??? Why would this be $1500?!
I hear you, totally.

It's the same phenomenon as the Precious Metal Gems ... perceived value for what is just an insert.

Example: I pulled a Karl Malone "Bonus Shots" parallel out of Prestige basketball back in 2009-10.

It was numbered 08/10. Pretty crazy, and I'm actually a fairly big Malone fan. He was one of favorite players when I was a kid.

I waited until he was inducted into the Hall of Fame and sold it for ... wait for it ... wait for it ...

99 cents. Man was I disappointed, just wish I had kept it.

HUGE difference from the Lillard obviously, right?

But they're the same card, basically — both from Panini, both just parallels of a base card. Neither one is signed, sooo ...

Granted, "refractors" — "prisms" in this case — especially gold ones, are much nicer looking than a token Prestige base card with a little "Bonus Shots" logo in the corner, and Lillard is the latest hot rookie compared to a forgotten veteran, albeit a Hall of Famer.

But, you are 100 percent correct — there is no way there should be a $1,499 difference between those two cards.

well, lillard is the front runner for roy right now and his stuff has been selling well. and its just like i have jordan cards that are /100 but would sell for $20, then you have pmgs that are /100 that sell for $5K. the prizm gold set is arguably the best and could be the most sought after set panini has released in basketball to date.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

(12-12-2012, 01:46 PM)pingbling23 Wrote: well, lillard is the front runner for roy right now and his stuff has been selling well. and its just like i have jordan cards that are /100 but would sell for $20, then you have pmgs that are /100 that sell for $5K. the prizm gold set is arguably the best and could be the most sought after set panini has released in basketball to date.
I agree ... I REALLY like Prizm. They're like Chrome on steroids. I'm actually glad Lillard doesn't have a Prizm auto, or I would go nuts trying to pull it.

I've been watching this on ebay since first day it got listed being a big Lillard fan. All of his stuff is going for crazy numbers and it's hard to get anything lol. I luckily pulled the regular base and picked up one for $1 at another site.

If you search completed listings for Lillard gold you'll find one went for Buy It Now at $2,499.99 and $1,999.99

I dont get it, I could get a Jordan and Kobe auto for less than that and still have cash left over.

(12-12-2012, 02:08 PM)sonic311 Wrote: I dont get it, I could get a Jordan and Kobe auto for less than that and still have cash left over.
the card market, especially basketball, is a crazy place lol.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

(12-12-2012, 01:46 PM)pingbling23 Wrote: well, lillard is the front runner for roy right now and his stuff has been selling well. and its just like i have jordan cards that are /100 but would sell for $20, then you have pmgs that are /100 that sell for $5K. the prizm gold set is arguably the best and could be the most sought after set panini has released in basketball to date.
+1
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

(12-12-2012, 02:08 PM)sonic311 Wrote: I dont get it, I could get a Jordan and Kobe auto for less than that and still have cash left over.
Yeah, that's like that random Fleer insert/61 of Jordan's that went for like $3,000 ... you could get decent autos of Jordan, Magic, Bird, Kobe, LeBron, Durant, Rose, Griffin and just about anyone else for that much.

Seriously, I don't get the non-auto'd insert thing.

(12-12-2012, 01:52 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I agree ... I REALLY like Prizm. They're like Chrome on steroids. I'm actually glad Lillard doesn't have a Prizm auto, or I would go nuts trying to pull it.
Slow down rjcj, lol. Chrome has become classic. While Prizm have nice parallels, the base isn't that great to me. The product is basically another copy of products that other companies have done in the past IMO.
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]