`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Possible Heat Breakup

Possible Heat Breakup
They have been talking about what the Heat will have to do in 2014 for a while now. If they keep the team as is, they will face the new luxury tax hit. Does anyone think that the team will stay with it's 3 core players or will they be broken up? I think all 3 players have an early out clause in 2014 or they also can sign the player option. Does anyone think it would be good to break them up? If so, where do you think they would end up (what team).
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

RE: Possible Heat Breakup
Bosh to Lakers for Nash/Gasol

2 finals in and a title. if the heat remain competetive and go to the finals 2 more times and win at least one more title, i think miami should keep their core and pay the luxury tax. dominating generates alot of money for the organization, so they would be able to afford it.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

"Now here's a 2 on 1 fast break, Irving lobs it to James, slam dunk! Cavs up by 12 ..."

Yes, LeBron will be returning to Cleveland. Wade will take Bosh with him to Chicago.

You heard it here first.

Yhey would only need to get rid of Bosh which I dont think will hurt them much.
They would only need to get rid of Bosh which I dont think will hurt them much.
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

Yeah, but remember how good Bosh was in the playoffs? Everyone talks about LeBron against the Celtics, but remember Bosh hitting all those 3s just to give them a chance?

Remember, he also hit the game-winner in the only game the Heat won the year before against Dallas.

Point is, he seems like a pretty big money player in the playoffs, something he never got to show in Toronto.

I think they should just pay the luxury tax ... another poster was right, the money brought in from titles would offset it.

They're too good together not to win at least another title or two ...

(12-12-2012, 12:43 PM)quavis Wrote: Yhey would only need to get rid of Bosh which I dont think will hurt them much.
you must of missed the playoffs last year....no bosh...no title.
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

(12-12-2012, 09:17 AM)mtadams2 Wrote: Bosh to Lakers for Nash/Gasol
I like your idea, but I don't think the Head nor the Lakers would make that deal IMO.
(12-12-2012, 12:00 PM)pingbling23 Wrote: 2 finals in and a title. if the heat remain competetive and go to the finals 2 more times and win at least one more title, i think miami should keep their core and pay the luxury tax. dominating generates alot of money for the organization, so they would be able to afford it.
I like how you have viewed the situation. The problem is that Miami isn't a major market like a lot of fans want to believe. The Heat are facing around $48 mil in luxury taxes if they keep the team as is. That's a crazy amount of money. It's VERY hard to win a championship and their are no sure things. The only sure thing is that the Heat would have to pay that tax on top of player salaries and other financial obligations the team has to take care of. The total financial bill could end up being over $200-250 mil for one season.
(12-12-2012, 12:41 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: "Now here's a 2 on 1 fast break, Irving lobs it to James, slam dunk! Cavs up by 12 ..."

Yes, LeBron will be returning to Cleveland. Wade will take Bosh with him to Chicago.

You heard it here first.
I'm a Cavs fan so I'd love to see that happen, lol (he did leave the door open for a return, but he always leaves the window open for every franchise). In all honesty, I don't see the Heat losing all three.
(12-12-2012, 12:43 PM)quavis Wrote: Yhey would only need to get rid of Bosh which I dont think will hurt them much.
Bosh is really the only reliable big they have. Everyone else is just ok. They would have to find some else who can man the inside. Big men are not easy to find, so they would still have to spend money to do it.
(12-12-2012, 03:58 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Yeah, but remember how good Bosh was in the playoffs? Everyone talks about LeBron against the Celtics, but remember Bosh hitting all those 3s just to give them a chance?

Remember, he also hit the game-winner in the only game the Heat won the year before against Dallas.

Point is, he seems like a pretty big money player in the playoffs, something he never got to show in Toronto.

I think they should just pay the luxury tax ... another poster was right, the money brought in from titles would offset it.

They're too good together not to win at least another title or two ...
I agree that Bosh is an important part to what they are doing, but I don't think keeping all 3 would offset operation costs. The team IMO isn't going to recoup that much by keeping the team together. If they don't win the championship, then all of this will go out the window as a loss financially anyways. The only way that I can see them keeping everyone together is if they decide to restructure their deals.
(12-12-2012, 04:04 PM)rybowski97 Wrote: you must of missed the playoffs last year....no bosh...no title.
+1
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

My point is, they are not realeasing Wade or James... Obviously. If they want to not have to pay such a luxury tax, then Bosh is the answer. There are other bigs contrary to belief. Especially who would love to play in Miami. Of course Bosh helped in the playoffs, but Wade and James are the parts of the equation you can't loose.
You guys put waay too much on Bosh. Hes good. dont get me wrong. Hes not that good. If he were, more of you would be collecting his cards by the way you make him sound.
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

(12-14-2012, 10:33 AM)quavis Wrote: My point is, they are not realeasing Wade or James... Obviously. If they want to not have to pay such a luxury tax, then Bosh is the answer. There are other bigs contrary to belief. Especially who would love to play in Miami. Of course Bosh helped in the playoffs, but Wade and James are the parts of the equation you can't loose.
You guys put waay too much on Bosh. Hes good. dont get me wrong. Hes not that good. If he were, more of you would be collecting his cards by the way you make him sound.
+1 Ive got some bosh's Ive been trying to get rid of since 03 Smile
Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 193/202 95.5%
1/1's: 22/37 59.5%
Jersey #'d - 65