`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
time for a lil' survey .....

RE: time for a lil' survey .....
I would hold it until something I really want and can't afford becomes available.

I rarely bust anything and I'm not a seller, but rookie hype = sell imo.
[Image: wavysig.jpg]

Cris Carter Collector 1660/2351
John Randle Collector 349/568
Pro Set Collector

http://s696.photobucket.com/albums/vv327...e%20Cards/

If they are sticker autographs, I would sell in a heartbeat - especially now that they are hot.

If they were hard-signed, I might consider keeping for my collection.

I would trade them both right here.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

I would (and have with the one i have pulled) keep Andrew Luck and definitely trade or sell RGIII based upon all of the obvious red flags which indicate that you will be able to buy all of the RGIII cards you want for next to nothing in a few years

1) injury risk - quarterbacks who depend upon their legs do not last long in the NFL. Just yesterday a nasty looking freak play resulted in injury. Speed doesn't last forever - especially at the NFL level.

2) RGIII has yet to prove that he can consistently pass in the NFL - i live in Virginia so all Washington games are on air here and his passes are almost entirely low risk passes and he often struggles for accuracy on anything longer than a screen pass. All of his big pass plays have been a combination of defensive breakdowns and yards after catch. Elite NFL quarterbacks can fit a pass into a tight window - RGIII has yet to show that he can. Many quarterbacks struggle at taking the next step - Andrew Luck by contrast can already make those throws.

3) Washington is essentially running a college offense to disguise RGIII at this point - it may work for a little bit in the NFL (see the Wildcat) but the long term prospects are not great. RGIII is going to have to learn how to make NFL throws if he will last in the NFL and that he will is far from certain.

4) RGIII hype is being largely driven by fantasy football - fantasy football rewards running quarterbacks - the real NFL destroys running quarterbacks unless they can convert into a pocket passer. We've seen this before where fantasy football focus leads people to ignore obvious red flags in a running quarterback's game that might be difficult to overcome. Betting that RGIII will is a major risk.

5) Team risk - Daniel Snyder is still in charge in Washington and his record at turning gold into lead is consistent. Add in the fact that Washington does not have a strong supporting cast and has traded most of their draft picks away and the odds of RGIII amounting too much. In fact, the situation is very similar to what we saw with Michael Vick in Atlanta where the team was essentially built around one player with little in the way of supporting cast - RGIII is definitely a lot smarter than Vick and taller, but the injury risk and limitations in supporting cast is the same. And i simply do not like the set up in Washington for anything other than fleeting success. Especially once Daniel Snyder starts to get impatient. i simply do not trust Daniel Snyder.

6) Does anyone remember Heath Shuler and Gus Ferrotte? What happens when RGIII misses games due to injury if Kirk Cousins outplays him?

By contrast, Andrew Luck is already able to make NFL level passes and with the young receivers in Indianapolis much more likely to have a supporting cast which can lead to sustained success in the NFL - the odds are much better for Luck to have success.

My feeling is that in 10 years, people who sell or trade Andrew Luck cards now will regret it - in 10 years people who buy or trade for RGIII cards will regret it. i could be wrong about that but that is how i feel.

I would sell, trade now but I dont collect either player or the teams theyre on so my answer is obviously going to be different than someone who does. good luck...
BECKETT SUPER COLLECTOR MAY 2010. COLLECTING KURT WARNER & MARSHALL FAULK. also looking for: tom nutten, fred miller, any card. view my warner/faulk collection at: www.photobucket.com/collectrams

I would trade ANY hot rookie for PC (Giants or HOFer). Those will never be worth any more than they are right now.
NY Giants and HOF/legend/superstar collector.
[Image: GiantsFade.png]

Sell Sell Sell! or Sale Sale Sale! Which ever way you want to look at it. I figure I could get a really nice autographed jersey or round out my LaMarr Woodley collection with the proceeds of any Luck or RGIII auto.
On the other hand trading for a Montana auto would be the hotness.
[Image: steel-1.jpg]
Collecting Greenwood, Woodley, and other Steelers. Also collecting 1993 Pacific Prisms (Check my org for set needs)

My Bucket:
http://s1083.photobucket.com/albums/j389/kennycooks/

I would keep em no doubt