`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
which box to break?

which box to break?
I am new to this hobby, have a few cards but have gotten them through packs, ebay, or trading. Have never bought a hobby box.

So i come here to ask you all in this time..which box should I purchase now that I am getting a hobby box? Which box is most likely to have a decent value? Or is there an upcoming release that I should wait for?

Thanks,
Zach

RE: which box to break?
Is there a price range that you want to stick to? I enjoyed ripping a box 2012-13 threads this year. The inserts aren't all that great but the box guarantees 4 hits and 3 of them are autos. I like the odds on that!
Always willing to trade for Dwyane Wade/Alonzo Mourning Cards

just looking to spend between 100-200. Ive been looking at the totally certified but dont know if I want to spend 120 or so on it

I'd go for two hobby boxes of 2012-13 prestige if you're prepared to go up to $200. THat way, you're getting 6 autos, at least two game used, a far spread of inserts and RC's as well as complete base set.

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

The certified is ok if you hit the big rookies but at 120 per box for 30 cards...unless you get good hit the boxes can be duds. Plus the book on them is unfavorable in relation to the amount spent. On a side note, if you choose threads let us know how you did on the hits. I am looking for the wood autos(we have made a trade recently for a few of them) so definitely let us know.
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.