`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
no such thing as a stupid question...

no such thing as a stupid question...
I have an item up for sale on the bay as a three day auction, starting price of $50 with a buy it now of $75. It's a second year quarterback and it may or may not be set at a good price, it's one of those items that's very hard to get a gauge on.

A buyer messages me and asks, "can you turn this into a one day auction with a starting price of $20?" I'm thinking that this is a tough item to figure out, the more exposure it gets the more interest it may generate. But why in the heck would I handicap myself and turn it into a one day auction with a starting price at less than half of what it's currently at?!

Then it dawned on me...one of my favorite sayings..."there are no such things as a stupid question...just stupid people."

I'm all for people putting in offers, but to ask me to change it to a one day auction with such a low starting price? Am I being too touchy?

RE: no such thing as a stupid question...
just say no. that was handled fast.
[Image: mikethomas_banner-1.jpg]
Mike Thomas Collection Thread
Working 3rd shift, so please be patient to my replies Smile

Funny, this morning I sent an offer asking someone to pull an auction for a second year quarterback. I think I offered more than he is going to get though. I just don't want deal with bidding and I need it for the collection.

Are you the one that offered $20 on a 2012 Triple Threads White Whale #1/1 with a starting price of $50? Who then asked if I would sell it at $50 for a Christmas gift, to which I dropped my auction to $50 buy it now, then who proceeded to lower your offer to $40? Then when I rejected the lowering of the offer, you didn't go through with the transaction?

(12-08-2012, 05:17 PM)Afcchamp88 Wrote: Funny, this morning I sent an offer asking someone to pull an auction for a second year quarterback. I think I offered more than he is going to get though. I just don't want deal with bidding and I need it for the collection.

lets see....NO...there,that takes care of that..some people are greedy or stupid..hard to figure that out...but no isnt..lol
Smile
2007 FotG NFL Prime 130/133
2009 FotG NFL Prime 66/90
2010 FotG NFL Prime 103/103
DONE
http://s877.photobucket.com/user/sto66/l...ECUT%20SET
2011 Playbook Prime 68/95

I said "no" but he kept coming back. finally had to block him.

(12-08-2012, 07:13 PM)chibearsboy Wrote: lets see....NO...there,that takes care of that..some people are greedy or stupid..hard to figure that out...but no isnt..lol
Smile

lol...the card stalker...seen the video and it aint purty...
Wink
2007 FotG NFL Prime 130/133
2009 FotG NFL Prime 66/90
2010 FotG NFL Prime 103/103
DONE
http://s877.photobucket.com/user/sto66/l...ECUT%20SET
2011 Playbook Prime 68/95

(12-08-2012, 06:28 PM)kstjst Wrote: Are you the one that offered $20 on a 2012 Triple Threads White Whale #1/1 with a starting price of $50? Who then asked if I would sell it at $50 for a Christmas gift, to which I dropped my auction to $50 buy it now, then who proceeded to lower your offer to $40? Then when I rejected the lowering of the offer, you didn't go through with the transaction?
ha definitely not. I made a fair offer on a card that was still at $0.99 after 24 hours.