IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What's the key to a good NBA product?

What's the key to a good NBA product?
Tell us at this link:

http://www.beckett.com/news/2012/12/your...a-product/

We'll run a selection of the most interesting answers in the next issue of Beckett Basketball.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

RE: What's the key to a good NBA product?
well, for one: actually have rookies

A good NBA product has to have compelling autographs, a solid card design and a reasonable amount of good inserts to chase.
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

(12-07-2012, 06:09 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: well, for one: actually have rookies
Plus ten million, my friend.

I will say, as lame as last year's products were, this year has been fun with two classes.

It's like, you pull a Brandon Knight card out of Prizm or whatever, and you're like, "oh yeah, that's his rookie card. Cool!"

I think Panini got VERY lucky with Linsanity last year to carry some of its stuff after the lockout ended.

I will say, I'm hoping one of Panini's upcoming releases either this year or beyond will have more variety and/or depth to its base cards ... for example, updating more of the player movements.

I'd love to see an actual OJ Mayo Mavericks card (not just a Grizzlies uni with a Mavs logo), as well as a set that goes a little deeper into the rosters.

Like, out here, the Warriors (Jarrett Jack and Carl Landry) and Kings (Aaron Brooks, James Johnson) have some new legit veteran guys that have been playing a lot of minutes.

It would be nice to have current cards of them with their new teams.

Panini Update, maybe?

(Think Topps Total, just with Panini's production capabilities.)

Plus, J-March mentioned autos ...

I think one of the best products for autos was 09-10 Bowman 48 Basketball ... there were only 30 names on the auto checklist, with three autos a box.

Granted, part of that was Topps was losing its license and just wanted to clear out some stickers (LOL), but I busted a total of three boxes and pulled Mayo (PC), Derrick Rose, Magic Johnson, Dwight Howard and a Rick Barry black/48.

The "worst" ones I pulled were Antawn Jamison, Kirk Hinrich, Josh Smith and Jarrett Jack, so ... really not bad at all.

My point is, when an auto checklist gets too expansive, you really get some spares.

I realize this is always going to be a cost issue with the companies, but common sense would dictate that the more "loaded" the product is, the more people will buy it.