`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Should I replace redemption or wait?

Should I replace redemption or wait?
OK, so plenty of people have had the experience of waiting months for topps to send redemptions long after they should have arrived. So here is my story.

When the 2012 Topps Series One Jumbos came out I purchased a single pack from a freshly cracked box and pulled a Timeless Talents dual auto/patch of Nolan Ryan and Jared Weaver #'d/5.

Huge hit, I thought it was my lucky day.

Of course I was supposed to receive it in June and now its December with no light at the end of the tunnel.

So my question is should I keep waiting or ask for a replacement. If I do ask for a replacement, what should I expect? They said Topps works with Beckett to come up with an equal value, but the Ryan/Weaver obviously has no beckett value because of scarcity. I haven't seen any other ebay yet either, but I have seen Nolan Ryan and Verlander from the same set sell for as much as $600.

My hope was to get the Ryan/Weaver and sell it to an Angels fan with deep pockets, but should I take my chance with the Topps redemption replacement lottery?
Always looking for new and old Twins cards I don't have

RE: Should I replace redemption or wait?
I called on a redemption I have and the girl told me they are working hard to finish up on orders from 2010??? So who knows how long you'll wait but I'm guess your replacement won't be as nice as a Ryan/weaver

I would have a hard time asking for a replacement for that card.
[Image: medlendodger_zps6b1c847c.jpg]
**Looking for Kris Medlen cards, willing to trade/buy**

I would wait that's an amazing hit
[Image: 6C3028DA-222D-46AB-98B7-BD7D0829F4B5-819...1b74d5.jpg]

I would wait too. That is an awesome hit. I wouldn't gamble with a replacement.
Currently collecting Mike Trout, Bo Jackson and Al Kaline.

Sets for sale or trade:

1998 Leaf Rookies & Stars-- 99.7% complete.
1999 Finest-- Complete.
2000 Bowman Chrome-- Complete.
2001 Studio---97% complete.

The last 8 redemptions I have from Topps..I have received LATE NOTIFY notices..

8/8!!!!! Not one redemption has been received from Topps for 13 months..

I mean..really...what a scam...they are not honoring their commitment at all..

That is terrible bonds20001.

What a joke.
Always looking for new and old Twins cards I don't have

I would wait also. I have actually gotten my redemptions from topps alot faster this year. I have about 6 and all have been filled. The one that took the longest was Aroldis Chapman Rookie auto from 2011 bowman chrome. I got that one in Aug of this year. But I had a Bubba Starling Gold Refractor auto and that got done in about a month. Good Luck and love to see a scan when you get that card!

(12-07-2012, 01:23 PM)bonds20001 Wrote: The last 8 redemptions I have from Topps..I have received LATE NOTIFY notices..

8/8!!!!! Not one redemption has been received from Topps for 13 months..

I mean..really...what a scam...they are not honoring their commitment at all..
It's very annoying but it's kind of on the player(s) involved. They're the ones being lazy and not honoring their commitment to sign and return to Topps in a timely fashion.

OP, I would keep waiting.
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

Okay, I guess I'll be the first one to say this...I would get a replacement. I know its Nolan Ryan but still, they're supposed to give you something of equal value and hey you never know, they might give you something better(hopefully nothing much worse). If it wasn't for the wait, I'd say to keep it but who knows how long you'll be waiting. My guess is you'll be waiting a while, maybe some years which wouldn't surprise me. Also, it wasn't like you bought the redemption, you pulled it and you want to sell the card when you get it. If they do give you something a little less value, then just sell that. Just my opinion on what you should do, especially if you would like the money soon(Christmas time!). I've been waiting for 6 redemptions for a while now. About to see if I can replace all of them.
(12-07-2012, 01:42 PM)magneto2 Wrote: I would wait also. I have actually gotten my redemptions from topps alot faster this year. I have about 6 and all have been filled. The one that took the longest was Aroldis Chapman Rookie auto from 2011 bowman chrome. I got that one in Aug of this year. But I had a Bubba Starling Gold Refractor auto and that got done in about a month. Good Luck and love to see a scan when you get that card!
Been waiting months for my Starling, haven't received it. Topps annoys me...a lot.
[Image: jetersig_zps16abeec2.jpg]
Collecting Robinson Cano, Eduardo Nunez, and Derek Jeter
Also making sigs