Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
The Future for Autographs Isn't Looking Good
12-06-2012, 10:45 PM
The Future for Autographs Isn't Looking Good
I found out the other day, the school systems are no longer teaching cursive writing. I'm not sure if this is nation wide or just here in TN. I know recently we have seen alot of the rc class autos are a few letters and non cursive. To think in 20 years, were going to miss a clean, well written, cursive autograph.

[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2012, 01:00 AM
RE: The Future for Autographs Isn't Looking Good
You are correct, or at least in WA. I am a teacher in an elementary school and we do not teach cursive either.

[Image: Nick.jpg]
12-07-2012, 01:31 AM
This is crazy! next thing you know, we will receive cards with a text as their AUTO, lol!

[Image: michael-jordan-wings-collage-vintage-spo...a4874c.jpg]
Michael Jordan PC: http://s1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh49...ollection/
12-07-2012, 02:48 AM
Yeah, I suppose we won't see any autos looking like the ones from Larry Bird, Robert Parish or Kareem Abdul-Jabbar...

Perhaps we'll just get something like @KyrieIrving #auto Confused

My custom cards brings all the boys to the yard and they're like: 'It's better than Star's'. Website: http://www.folkscards.com

Mini PCs: http://folkertino.webs.com
12-07-2012, 09:12 AM
(12-07-2012 02:48 AM)folkertino Wrote:  Yeah, I suppose we won't see any autos looking like the ones from Larry Bird, Robert Parish or Kareem Abdul-Jabbar...

Perhaps we'll just get something like @KyrieIrving #auto Confused

hahah hastag auto, got a good laugh out of that
12-07-2012, 09:33 AM
Its crazy that kids do not know how to write anymore. I saw a kids hadwriting who was going to UNC and it was completely unreadable. And that was print. He said his cursive was worse. SMH.

[Image: f0oyns.jpg]
12-08-2012, 08:49 AM
This also tells us that the cursive autos we have now will most definitely carry a premium years down the road.

http://s1172.photobucket.com/albums/r577/mtadams2/
12-08-2012, 04:11 PM
(12-07-2012 01:31 AM)JMF_PR83 Wrote:  This is crazy! next thing you know, we will receive cards with a text as their AUTO, lol!

I teach at a college. Nothing is written down anymore. Everything in my classes is done through email. One plus: With smartphones glued to their hands, student have no excuse for turning something in late. Some of their email names are funny, though. I recently had to tell a young lady, "'hotbunny69' might seem cool now, but I doubt it will help you get a job."

I collect all things Duncan Keith plus other Chicago athletes in their respective Halls of Fame - in addition to several authors and personal favorites from past and present Chicago rosters. The other 37,000 cards in my collection I will happily trade to you.
12-08-2012, 04:15 PM
Yes. Certainly a sad state of affairs. I recall working so hard on my cursive in 1st grade. Practicing those letters over and over. Soon it will be a lost art and people will consider it a hobby.

Currently collecting A-Rod, Jeter, Cano, Mauer and Trout. I tend to be a fast shipper, work across the street from our post office.

[Image: troutjeter_zpsa5169a2d.jpg]

Thanks Ja1091 for the sig.