`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Future for Autographs Isn't Looking Good

The Future for Autographs Isn't Looking Good
I found out the other day, the school systems are no longer teaching cursive writing. I'm not sure if this is nation wide or just here in TN. I know recently we have seen alot of the rc class autos are a few letters and non cursive. To think in 20 years, were going to miss a clean, well written, cursive autograph.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

RE: The Future for Autographs Isn't Looking Good
You are correct, or at least in WA. I am a teacher in an elementary school and we do not teach cursive either.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

This is crazy! next thing you know, we will receive cards with a text as their AUTO, lol!

Yeah, I suppose we won't see any autos looking like the ones from Larry Bird, Robert Parish or Kareem Abdul-Jabbar...

Perhaps we'll just get something like @KyrieIrving #auto :S

(12-07-2012, 03:48 AM)folkertino Wrote: Yeah, I suppose we won't see any autos looking like the ones from Larry Bird, Robert Parish or Kareem Abdul-Jabbar...

Perhaps we'll just get something like @KyrieIrving #auto :S
hahah hastag auto, got a good laugh out of that

Its crazy that kids do not know how to write anymore. I saw a kids hadwriting who was going to UNC and it was completely unreadable. And that was print. He said his cursive was worse. SMH.
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

This also tells us that the cursive autos we have now will most definitely carry a premium years down the road.

(12-07-2012, 02:31 AM)JMF_PR83 Wrote: This is crazy! next thing you know, we will receive cards with a text as their AUTO, lol!
I teach at a college. Nothing is written down anymore. Everything in my classes is done through email. One plus: With smartphones glued to their hands, student have no excuse for turning something in late. Some of their email names are funny, though. I recently had to tell a young lady, "'hotbunny69' might seem cool now, but I doubt it will help you get a job."
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Yes. Certainly a sad state of affairs. I recall working so hard on my cursive in 1st grade. Practicing those letters over and over. Soon it will be a lost art and people will consider it a hobby.
Currently collecting Mike Trout, Bo Jackson and Al Kaline.

Sets for sale or trade:

1998 Leaf Rookies & Stars-- 99.7% complete.
1999 Finest-- Complete.
2000 Bowman Chrome-- Complete.
2001 Studio---97% complete.