`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Is it even worth it anymore?

Is it even worth it anymore?
Every time i buy a box/pack, it's always a bust. I'll maybe get one or two refractor-base cards with BV of ~$5 each (if I'm lucky) whenever i spend close to $60 on the box. I'm starting to think it'd be smarter (and cheaper) just to buy cards I'm looking for instead of hoping to have a nice pull. Anybody else feel this way?
Currently collecting Ravel Santana Bowman Prospect Auto refractors!
Need: Red, Purple, Gold, Orange & Super.

If you see any items listed on eBay or for trade please let me know!!

RE: Is it even worth it anymore?
I often think about only buying singles. But I still end up "getting the itch" and opening boxes. I've cut down somewhat on boxes and spent that on singles, though.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

(12-04-2012, 11:04 PM)nyyankeesfan28 Wrote: I often think about only buying singles. But I still end up "getting the itch" and opening boxes. I've cut down somewhat on boxes and spent that on singles, though.
I'm in the same boat, but then i get to thinking "those guys that pulled that Harper printing plate were probably thinking the same thing I am, the box will be a waste." and i get drawn back in

I know, that's my thought, too.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

i havent bought a box in a decade

(12-04-2012, 11:09 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: i havent bought a box in a decade
how do you end up with all these nice cards then? ps look forward to receiving the lots i ordered!

I did that for awhile to when I started getting back into collecting cards. I learned real quick. I am much happier buying singles and building a nice collection. As far as boxes go, what I do is set a goal of building a set each year. For me that's Topps Heritage. The hits are not that great and I know that. I buy two boxes of it a year to satisfy my box busting cravings and since it's once a year I usually get the money for it on birthdays or holidays so it works out great.
[Image: Untitled_zpsec8eef53.jpg]

I be collecting BGS Jeter RC's & Tom Seaver (Mets Uniform) Autos/Patches

My PC Bucket.

http://s944.photobucket.com/albums/ad281/mjkata78/

I stopped buying boxes. I just save the money I would spend on a couple of boxes and get a nice card.

if nobody is buying boxes anymore, where do all the hits go? lol

(12-04-2012, 11:09 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: i havent bought a box in a decade
I haven't bought a box in about that time either. Not hobby anyway. I buy a blaster box or 2 about every 6 weeks. I go to the LCS about every 2-3 weeks and will bust open a couple of packs just to feed the itch. But I have been trading a bunch of cards to my LCS for vintage and will continue to open packs/blaster boxes periodically for that reason. I am really moving toward vintage now. But my LCS charges so much for singles ($3 for commons, $4 for common Rangers, $5 for any type of star base card and high BV for any insert, GUd, auto or RC) that I really can't afford to buy there. I just buy singles online and then trade them.