`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would I have any luck here?

Would I have any luck here?
I have been collecting for years and have finally decided that I would like to downsize my collection of well over 100,000 cards. I used to post here quite a bit, but that was before the new system was put in place. I had over 3,500 in my organize, but since I started logging back in, I am basically having to relist everything. I have tons of $1-10 cards and was wondering if it would be worth my time to even list these in my organize to sell. I don't really want to go the eBay or comc.com routes. What kind of success have any of you had listing these types of cards on Beckett to sell? Lots of base, inserts, and rookies from early 90's to early 2000's.

RE: Would I have any luck here?
(12-03-2012, 03:32 PM)msh18 Wrote: I have been collecting for years and have finally decided that I would like to downsize my collection of well over 100,000 cards. I used to post here quite a bit, but that was before the new system was put in place. I had over 3,500 in my organize, but since I started logging back in, I am basically having to relist everything. I have tons of $1-10 cards and was wondering if it would be worth my time to even list these in my organize to sell. I don't really want to go the eBay or comc.com routes. What kind of success have any of you had listing these types of cards on Beckett to sell? Lots of base, inserts, and rookies from early 90's to early 2000's.
your better off to lots on ebay or take a loss and sell to a dealer. You may move a few cards on here but not 3,500. Check closely on ended listings for your 90's stuff some of the tougher cards can be worth good money now. Good luck.
Looking for autos of these players as well as established stars and superstars.
[Image: bannerwork.jpg]

http://s212.photobucket.com/user/tdog677...te=replace

If you are looking to put in all the time and effort of putting them in org for sale, the best bet would be to advertise selling them at a percentage of book value (10-15 seems to be common) and then posting your sale in the baseball forum. You would move some that way I would suspect (I have bought from members doing this so at least I would take a look Smile )
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

With that many cards go for the inserts first IMO.

Personally I'd be willing to buy Griffey's along w/ a few other people. In the trading section is a list of what people collect. Maybe start with that first?

I agree, inserts (esp. 90's) can be tough to find and would go first; then nice RC's, etc.
Royals Super Collector; PC's of Paul Splittorff, George Brett, Mike Sweeney

Yea, it's a tough market right now. On here or any other site that offers buying/selling/trading. People just aren't buying right now. I've offered stuff for as low as 10% of BV and have sold maybe 3-4 lots.

That's at 90% off of BV. If it's not free, people don't want it. Good luck with your sales.

(12-03-2012, 05:10 PM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: Yea, it's a tough market right now. On here or any other site that offers buying/selling/trading. People just aren't buying right now. I've offered stuff for as low as 10% of BV and have sold maybe 3-4 lots.

That's at 90% off of BV. If it's not free, people don't want it. Good luck with your sales.
I wish I could buy some Griffey's for 10% of BV. I've been offering 30-45% recently

Thank you for the replies. My story is the one where the guy gets married and is expecting a child so all of his baseball cards have to go to make room. I'll start with donating all my commons to show her how much room I have cleared out. That might trick her a little bit. Anyone in the Dallas area want boxes and boxes of commons?

I live in the Dallas area, what kind of commons are we talking about? I have an 11 year old son who wants to collect. I've been teaching him to collect 1989 Donruss and 1990 Donruss to start. They are cheap to get and if he bangs them up there's a few million more out there. He's expressed interest in wanting to collect more sets.
[Image: Icons-sig-2-1.gif]

Let me know what Phillies you have (prefer Topps) in a pm...I'd buy a lot from you but you would have to list in ORG as per the rules!!!!!! Thanks
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.