`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
2012 Five Star Questions

2012 Five Star Questions
I've been excited about this product and am still gauging whether to purchase a box or two. I did buy a couple of singles, but had a couple questions I'm hoping to get input on:

1) On the Relic/Auto cards, the front says "Game-Used Memorabilia". However on the back it notes that "relic contained in this card is not from any season, game, or event"? So are relics from these cards game-used or manufactured?

For the supposedly top of the line product like this, Topps should have had relics with the specifically noted game that it was used in. I think doing so would revitalize the desire for patch/relic cards. To me having a patch from the jersey that Halladay threw a perfect game would be worth more than an auto.

2) Why doesn't the Baseball Five Star have autographed base cards like in their Football product? It's a shame that great rookies like Harper, Darvish and Cespedes don't have auto true RCs from this set.

RE: 2012 Five Star Questions
I believe its game used mem. They put that on the back as as legal coverall.

[Image: n0Ji6.png]

It's game used; they just don't want to specify what game, when, or what team.
[Image: medlendodger_zps6b1c847c.jpg]
**Looking for Kris Medlen cards, willing to trade/buy**

It is game used, but they don't have an exact game to tie it to. I'm not sure why the base cards aren't autoed.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

It can be "game" used, or even "event" used. Often, players will wear/change jerseys several times during all star games/ceremonies, etc.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*