`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
OT: Who are the 2013 Starting QBs...and who would fit where?

OT: Who are the 2013 Starting QBs...and who would fit where?
Ok, so it's an interesting topic to contemplate about...here's a team by team breakdown.

AFC EAST -
Buffalo Bills - Unfortunately, I think it's still Fitzpatrick. Although I think Buffalo is getting sick of not having a better season with him at the helm. Granted they are a small market team, so probably not going to spend a lot of money to get better at the position either. Maybe Mark Sanchez ends up here?
New England Patriots - Tom Brady, duh!
NY Jets - Unknown. I don't think that even Tim Tebow gets the job. Maybe a little bit of movement here in 2013. Potentially going after some free agent QBs or through the draft.
Miami Dolphins - Ryan Tannehill, kid looks ok. Needs more weapons to throw to or a better O-Line. Good thing 2013 draft class if loaded with lineman.

AFC North -
Baltimore - Joe Flacco, no need to stir up the pot here.
Pittsburgh - Ben Roethlisberger... how many rings does he have already?
Cincinatti - The Red Rifle looks fine and better every time out.
Cleveland - Weeden has flashes of brillliance and flashes of craziness. Maybe some good pass blockers will be in order.

AFC South -
Houston - Matt Schaub
Indianapolis - Andrew Luck
Tennessee - the QB carousel is crazy. One week Locker, one week Hasselback... I think Locker finally takes over full-time.
Jacksonville - Not sure. Gabbert is not the answer. Maybe a good nimble mobile QB... catching what i'm throwing here? Vick should be a good cheap alternative.

AFC West -
Denver - Peyton Manning, duh!
San Diego - Philip Rivers
Oakland - I thought Carson Palmer would have played better. But maybe Oakland goes after the local USC kid... Barkley.
Kansas City - Sorry, but Cassel and Quinn are not the answers. I can definitely see them making some noise via a trade for a certain backup. Is Matt Flynn on the move again?

Will get the NFC here a little later...

RE: OT: Who are the 2013 Starting QBs...and who would fit where?
I really don't see the Chiefs trading for Flynn, I for one would not trade for a QB that could not beat a rookie third round pick. I am also not so sure that if he plays the rest of the season the way he played yesterday that Quinn doesn't get a shot to start. I think, and this is just my opinion, but I think that they will give Quinn a shot at it next year, release Cassel, and Draft Wilson from Arkansas in the late first round by trading back into the first after taking Manti Teo with their first pick in the 6-8 range or take him with their pick in the early second round. I actually think they will get a pick from 1-3 in the first but seeing as there is no Luck or RG3 in this draft they will trade back to some where in the 6-8 range and pick up another 2nd rounder this year and first rounder next year. the 2 second round picks could be used to trade back into the first round or they could use the second rounder they get in trade plus the second or third rounder they get as compensation for loosing Brandon Carr to the cowboys. The Chiefs needs are not that great, even though the record would not reflect that, they really just need some depth and better play from QB to be a playoff team. I think Manti Teo would be a big addition to their D, and possibly a safety to play with Berry because Lewis can not stay healthy.

Sorry kinda went off topic a bit
[Image: 4E727BD9-orig.jpg]

Tyson Jackson
Total Cards - 469/638 - 74 %
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21
Total Tyson Jackson Cards Including Dupes 641

i believe that Jacksonville will stick with Gabbert - he was getting better before getting hurt and with better wide out play, i think they will give him another year.

i believe that Vick may well wind up in Buffalo. Maybe the New York Jets since if they signed Tebow they will sign anyone

now for the rest of the AFC teams

East

Buffalo: I don't think they will go another year with Fitz, like you I think Sanchez could be a fit here but I don't put it past them to look at Vick.

New England: Yeah NEXT

Jets: This is one of those teams who are in dire need of a change. They are also the type of team that thinks they need to make a splash like they did with Tebow last year, for this reason I look for them to be one of the teams looking to trade up in the draft to possibly go after Geno Smith.

Dolphins: I agree with you on this one, I think Tannehill could be their guy for the time being but they need WR help and some OL help, Jake Long should be their top priority.

North

Baltimore: not sure what will happen here, Flacco is a free agent at seasons end and I think if he doesn't get it done in the playoffs something may change. However with that said it's not like he is hurting their superbowl chances either so it could go either way.

Pittsburgh: No change here, it's Big Ben's team.

Cinci: Dalton continues to look better all the time and with AJ Green and Sanu next year they just need help on D, and maybe another RB.

Cleveland: Would be hard for them to just give up on Weeden a year after drafting him in the first round, especially after trading back into the first to get him. I think they roll with him and Richardson for the next few years and try to improve the WRs and the the D, maybe even look for a TE.

South

Houston: Schaub nothing changes on that front. they have a good line on both sides of the ball and a great RB. If it's me I think you look for another WR since Johnson is getting older and then just some depth.

Indy: Luck no doubt the kid is looking good early on in his career. Gotta look for some OL help here and a big time RB, with that they will be a good team.

Tennessee: What a hot mess this is, I think you have to give Locker the shot, and move on from Hasselback. In my mind with Hasselback still on the roster Locker will never be comfortable and gain confidence. they also need to get CJ to understand he needs to get his butt in camp and work hard, he can't just rely on talent, I would look for a ton of D in this years draft if I were them.

Jacksonville: The owner there loved Tebow so I am going to say that if Timmy isn't in New York he will be here. If not look for them to go after Geno Smith or Matt Barkely if another team takes Smith ahead of them in the draft. Jacksonville has way to many Issues though for them to just think a QB will do it.

West

Denver: yeah it will be Manning for at least another year, they may look for a back up depending on how they feel about Osweiller.

San Diego: Rivers here at least for one more year. Norv will be gone and there will be a new regime in town, I think they give Rivers another year before looking elsewhere. They need a RB bad, Mathews and /or anyone else on the roster is not the answer here. Gates is getting older and hurt most of the time, it hurt them badly loosing Jackson, and they need to look for help on the offensive front in the form of RB, WR< and TE.

Oakland: Sorry to say it but Nines boy was not the answer, he should have stayed in retirement. This is a team I look for to maybe go after Alex Smith or Even Vick, the Wrs they have are decent and will be fine with a better QB that makes better decisions. the D however needs some work, DBs should be a priority IMO.

KC: Read above

Tyson Jackson
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21

Ok, had to run around and take care of chores demanded by the wife... now for the NFC side of the ball.

NFC East-
NY Giants - Eli Manning, no doubt.
Dallas Cowboys - the big question in big D should really be when do you move on from Romo? They have loaded the ball around him with Dez Bryant and DeMarco Murray yet he still can't get it done? Romo needs to go, maybe this is the time. I actually think they draft QB...2nd rd...Landry Jones probably fits here.
Washington Redskins - I like what RGIII is doing. It easily could have been him in the #1 slot not Luck.
Philadelphia Eagles - Player development time, but this is now Nick Foles' team.

NFC North -
Green Bay Packers - Aaron Rodgers for like the next decade.
Chicago Bears - Cutler works. Another team with some O Line needs.
Minnesota Vikings - Another year under Ponder, another 8-8 season.
Detroit Lions - Stafford's team... no madden curse next year. I like the way LeShoure is playing around him. Time to beef up the LBs.

NFC South -
Atlanta Falcons - Matt Ryan. Great season... maybe time for a massive upgrade at RB?
Tampa Bay Bucs - Josh Freeman. Not sure what they need. Maybe just a defensive coach that isn't afraid to rush the passer?
New Orleans Saints - Drew Brees. They'll be better next season once they get over bountygate.
Carolina Panthers - can't be a one man show with Newton. Keep beefing up the Defense?

NFC West -
SF 49ers - Kaepernick. So where is Alex Smith going? Maybe Dallas?
Seattle Seahawks - Russell Wilson is ready to go. Hell, he makes Golden Tate look good... lol.
St. Louis Rams - Bradford. But damn, they need some defensive help. Enough drafting WR after WR after WR.
Arizona Cardinals - Holy hell, who knows. I thought Lindley could get the job done, but he looks miserable. I think this is another place where either Alex Smith or Michael Vick could go. Hard to think Vick doesn't go here... reminds me of when McNabb was throwing to Owens in Philadelphia years ago. "Hey Fitz, go long"

Ok on to the NFC guys now huh.

East

Giants: Eli isn't going anywhere for a while so that position is good. They do however need to work on the Defensive back field. The Dline is great but rest of D not so much.

Cowboys: I think Romo stays, Jerry Jones loves the guy and I think he resigns him, granted they have drafted Dez and Murray in the last couple years but lets be honest here you really don't know what it would look like to have both of them on the field and playing to potential with Romo.Murray has been basically hurt most of the time since he went down last year and Dez has just been bad then decent then bad then good. With some consistent play from Murray and Dez, along with some better and more consistent play from their D the boys may be ok at QB.

Redskins: RG3 was worth all 40 picks they gave up to the Rams to draft him. Just hope he doesn't turn into Cam 2.0 and fall a bit flat next year.

Eagle: No Reid, No Vick, who knows what's going to happen here. I really don't feel that Foles is the QB of the future for them but then again no one in the draft would be either at this point. I think the Eagles need to blow it up and start over, stop trying to buy every over priced free agaent and start to go younger with talent and athleticism.

North

Green Bay: As with New England...... Moving on, the only thing I can see that the Packers need is the fact that they still Direly need a RB. They could also use some help on D.

Bears: Cutler stays, the bears are a much better team with him than without him. One of their biggest needs is to get him someone to throw to not named Brandon. If it is me I also look at adding some younger D they are starting to age and it's not good to decide your D is old 3 years after the fact.

Vikes: Well since AP can't play RB and QB might be a good idea to start looking for a replacement for Ponder. AP can't continue to keep them in the game only to watch Ponder Literally throw it away. Maybe another WR to take some heat off of Harvin would be nice but I would concentrate on DLine more.

Lions: Stafford is the man there, LB is a major concern but hey if they can stay out of jail in the offseason I would call it a win. CB is also a place in need of major upgrades for them.

South

Atlanta: Matty Ice will be there a while. The WR core is one of the best, but it is time to find a TE somewhere in the middle rounds since this is probably tony G's last year. They also either need to let Jacquizz play or go a different direction, I think Quizz could be a good RB for them if they will play him. DLine could use a little help as well as CB, but the LB are pretty nice.

Tampa: Hard call to make here, Freeman has his flashes and they went out and got him Jackson and a good TE to throw to, they also have Mike Williams who I think with one more year playing with Jackson will be even better. Again Dline could use some help in my opinion, and a DB or two wouldn't hurt.

New Orleans: Brees will retire here unless he pulls a Favre. The offense looks good but the D is hot garbage. Time to start over and rebuild this D cause they suck.

Carolina: Cam needs to step up and be a man for one. They have 2 good WR and a good TE but the RB position is suspect, I'd look for a good RB in the top of the first round for them and then work more on the D. Cam can't be your leading rusher each year and expect to be a winning team.

West

Niners: I am going to say Kaep here, I think Alex Smith will be moved in the offseason if not released. RB is a strength as is the D. Only thing I see this team could use is a playmaker on offense that can stretch the field and take some pressure off the run game, and no Moss, Crabtree, and whoever else isn't it.

Seahawks: Russel Wilson here although I am not a huge fan of his. If they roll with Wilson they need to get him some help at WR and a TE. The D can't keep them in games every week, they need a difference maker at WR.

Rams: Bradford just needs some help from the D and honestly I know they draft like 12 WR every year but, how about drafting a good one this year. The CB area is good and I think the DLine is pretty good too. They could use a couple new LB to go with Jimmy, and a new RB. also finding a gem or two in the middle of the draft OLine wise wouldn't hurt.

Arizona: What a hot friggin mess this is. D is Good Fitz is GREAT the rest sucks. They can't have enough picks to fix this mess so I would try to get an Alex smith to come in and play stop gap QB until they can finish rebuilding this offense.

Tyson Jackson
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21

I don't have alot to add but I like this topic...interesting read.
[Image: Hof_zpsa29cd41a.png]

If you smoke in your home, please don't trade me.

This is a good read, I agree
[Image: Banner.jpg]
Sports Card Album
Contenders Collection
UF: 39/46 (84.8%)
Phins: 14/56 (25.0%)

I like the read as well thanks guys. The only critique I have is the Vikings DLine is solid even really good depth so yea I would concentrate on QB and WR and Depth in the secondary.
[Image: wavysig.jpg]

Cris Carter Collector 1660/2351
John Randle Collector 349/568
Pro Set Collector

http://s696.photobucket.com/albums/vv327...e%20Cards/