Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
NEW WEBSITE!! Folk's Cards

NEW WEBSITE!! Folk's Cards
Hi guys,

I thought I'd give you a heads-up on my new website called 'Folk's Cards', where I'll be posting stories, photos, videos and tutorials on custom cards, through-the-mail autos and in-person autos.

It also contains video box breaks (another one coming up this week) and video showcases.

It will be updated continuously so if you like what you're seeing please check back regularly.

Have a look by going to http://folkscards.webs.com or clicking on the below banner.

RE: NEW WEBSITE!! Folk's Cards
Some of your custom cards are incredible. Such nice, simple, clean designs.

Also, nice touch donating the money from the Rik Smits card sale to the Indiana children's hospital.

(12-01-2012, 08:33 AM)folkertino Wrote: Did you actually go to the website? It's my pc and hobby website, no participation from others or any for-profit activity whatsoever. I'm just showing my cards.

The box breaks - as you can see on my website - are boxes I purchased and open in front of a camera. Perhaps you're confused with group breaks that do have a commercial nature?

As I am not advertising any commercial activity I am not infringing TOS article 11 (Forums) A-e-g, nor Article 11 A-g. As a matter of fact, I am fulfilling on Article 11 C, in which Beckett says they "encourage you to include images of your best pulls as well as links to box break videos." Although I'm not posting in the Box Breaks forum it does show I am not violating any Terms.

Did I mention Beckett.com dedicated an article to my custom cards a while ago?

As a regular contributor to the boards yourself I would have expected a little more caution, consideration and moderation.

Hope you liked my website though.
You are correct Sir, and I apologize, my post has been dutifully removed Smile
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

Very nice looking site.

LOL another forum junkie being the rent a cop forum patrol sheriff.....jk great site

love the site!! keep up the good work & continue to show up your cards...
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

(12-01-2012, 06:53 AM)will23c1982 Wrote: Some of your custom cards are incredible. Such nice, simple, clean designs.

Also, nice touch donating the money from the Rik Smits card sale to the Indiana children's hospital.
Thanks, the advantage of making your own cards is that within your abilities you have complete liberty in creating a card according to your own definition of perfection. Although I don't think my cards are 'perfect' - technically they're way behind on regular cards - they do serve their purpose perfectly and their design is close to how I want my cards visually to be.

I donated the money because I felt it would be profiteering on the generosity of Rik Smits to sell them for personal/commercial gain. In actual fact I had my own copy which was already sufficient 'gain' for me from the whole undertaking, so finding a good cause for the proceeds of the other card was actually really satisfying.

(12-01-2012, 11:19 AM)hercules21 Wrote: Very nice looking site.
(12-02-2012, 07:34 AM)jpleazme805 Wrote: love the site!! keep up the good work & continue to show up your cards...
(12-02-2012, 12:57 AM)josiahcecil Wrote: great site
Thanks guys

(12-01-2012, 10:39 AM)shezdoni Wrote: You are correct Sir, and I apologize, my post has been dutifully removed Smile
no worries, we're all trying to keep this forum free of spammers.

Enjoyed your site thoroughly! Very creative customs I really liked the designs and the stories were very entertaining. I am curious, the charity you donated the proceeds to, how were you familiar with it, and was Rik aware/encouraging that the proceeds were being donated?

(12-03-2012, 09:20 AM)TBarn291 Wrote: Enjoyed your site thoroughly! Very creative customs I really liked the designs and the stories were very entertaining. I am curious, the charity you donated the proceeds to, how were you familiar with it, and was Rik aware/encouraging that the proceeds were being donated?
Thanks. When I received both signatures back in March I already thought of doing an auction and giving the proceeds to charity. I reckoned that the popularity of Rik Smits - and subsequently the potential interest of this particular card - would be highest in the Indiana area.

It so happened that the Pacers were quite advanced in the Playoffs and I thought the momentum was perfect to do this. I reckoned that with a local charitative organization response might be best and I even hoped for a local company (Toys'R'Us, a book store, etc.) to jump on board as well to double the proceeds. I also thought of getting the Pacers involved, perhaps highlighting the auction in their game program booklet or something.

I imagined children's cancer treatment would be something that everyone can relate and sympathize with and through Google I found Riley Children's Hospital in Indianapolis. Unfortunately their response was kind of glacial and by the time they got back at me the Pacers were already eliminated in the Playoffs.

Smits was not aware of the donation, but following the sale I have sent him a letter letting him know that I sold the card, donated the money and thanking him for making it possible.

Hey Folk, I really like your site and your custom cards are really cool. I myself have been trying to create custom cards for awhile now with little success. I have been looking for videos like yours online explaining different ideas and hints to getting a quality product. I defiantly learned some good tips from your videos. I hope in a future videos or on here you can go even more in to depth of how you make all the cards (like what program / products you are using? Printer quality/ type of stickers or company they are from?)

Thanks!!