`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats the big deal with redeemed redemption cards?

Whats the big deal with redeemed redemption cards?
Just had a question if anyone can elaborate. Are redeemed redemption cards valuable? A 2012 Bowman Chrome Blue Refractor Bryce Harper USED redemption just sold on the bay for $125. Dont know if anyone has thoughts on this that might clear up my confusion?

RE: Whats the big deal with redeemed redemption cards?
I don't get it either. I think a lot of the time the bidders are not carefully reading the auction description.
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

ive sold a few redeemed redemptions. got 1 guy very angry until he realized that it said twice in the description and in the title that it was redeemed... he also shoulda thought something was weird when he paid $12 for a $200 card...
I collect current Braves and Braves Prospects Autograph, Memorabilia, First Year and Rookie Cards.

Don't Click Here.

[Image: 5WSGR.png]

Redemption cards can not be acquired by buying boxes-packs. You have to mail a special card that you pull from a pack and only a small number of people do that before the redemption date ends. Basically it makes the cards several times rarer then the "mail in version".

(11-29-2012, 01:21 PM)dut1818 Wrote: Redemption cards can not be acquired by buying boxes-packs. You have to mail a special card that you pull from a pack and only a small number of people do that before the redemption date ends. Basically it makes the cards several times rarer then the "mail in version".
Your misreading the question. The OP is referring to the fact that people are paying money for a scratched redemption that has already been redeemed online.

I have a few theories on this.

1. I have heard that people enter the codes then someone else will buy it and contact Topps claiming there code did not work. In the past I guess Topps has fulfilled the redemption. So in a sense the buyer gets a huge hit for very low cost.

2. Another theory of mine is that true collectors feel there is long term value. An unmarked redemption from the 90s in some cases carries decent value because they became worthless and guys tossed them. Now player collectors need them. The same can be applied here. A guy 30 years from now will have hell trying to track a redemption card of his favorite player because they all hit the trash after they are redeemed. I personally keep everyone of mine with the actual card it was for. If there is any long term value I would expect it to be in an unscratched version. I don't see this being the case though.

3. The last theory is just simple. People do not read the full title or description. However, I truly do not feel this is the case.

[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

I have some awesome ones in my bucket if anyone wants to buy them.

I want to trade for one of the ginter redemption minis from this year. Like the ones for pants or clothing. I don't want the clothing just the redemption card itself. I feel it is part of the ginter set overall. I like some redemptions as long as they are not like the plain blue ones. That is just me

I've noticed it in the past and do not know the reason but I sold the few I had since they were just sitting in a box. I got like $23 for my 2010 Platinum green Jason Heyward redemption card. Weird, but I cashed in and the buyer left me positive feedback so I guess they knew what they were getting.
[Image: bryansbanner2.jpg]
Braves certified auto count: 114 different players
HOF auto collection: 10 players
Looking for Braves auto's of current and former players.

We have the Jay Bruce AU and Clayton Kershaw 2008 Topps Red Hot Rookie Redemption cards that were never used (bought the boxes well past the exp. date). Quite the bummer pulling those knowing you can't get the actual cards!
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

(11-29-2012, 10:36 PM)aprirr Wrote: We have the Jay Bruce AU and Clayton Kershaw 2008 Topps Red Hot Rookie Redemption cards that were never used (bought the boxes well past the exp. date). Quite the bummer pulling those knowing you can't get the actual cards!
You should see if topps can do something with those redemptions.