`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
It's been a while

It's been a while
Hey everyone. It's been more than a year since I posted on the forums. I've had a pretty good reason for it. I've had to stay away from collecting because I've been completely preoccupied with my divorce and custody battle over my kids. That started last May and is continuing on as we speak. The good news: I have custody of my children. Most guys don't get that opportunity in this situation, so I know how lucky I am. The bad news: she took almost everything. Appliances, vehicles, money, and every card she could get her hands on. I still have a much of my Favre collection, but she managed to take and sell a few of my high-end autos and jerseys, as well as many others. Unfortunately my lawyer couldn't do anything about that. She tried. All my trade cards are gone too. Found a few of them while digging around after I decided to get back into collecting once again, but there is next to nothing left. Divorces are awful and I don't recommend it.

So, I am back and open for business. Be patient though. I don't have many cards right now, but will be getting some to add for trade in the coming days and weeks. I collect any and all Brett Favre cards. If I've traded with you before, I look forward to reconnecting an doing it all again (It's one of the things I really missed about collecting). If I haven't dealt with you before, I hope to.
[Image: BANNER_zpse7c3a158.jpg]

RE: It's been a while
Welcome back, I've been in your shoes. you got the most important thing, the kids. I got custody of my oldest daughter when she was 2 (9 now) and getting/raising them as a man on your own is hard but definitely right choice! Bravo. Sorry about cards, had to sell mine to take care of my little when times were tough but good news is you can replace them. Even have the kiddos start back with you. Good luck with rest of it and I have some Favres when you get settled for trading.

(11-28-2012, 06:32 PM)favrecollectors4 Wrote: Hey everyone. It's been more than a year since I posted on the forums. I've had a pretty good reason for it. I've had to stay away from collecting because I've been completely preoccupied with my divorce and custody battle over my kids. That started last May and is continuing on as we speak. The good news: I have custody of my children. Most guys don't get that opportunity in this situation, so I know how lucky I am. The bad news: she took almost everything. Appliances, vehicles, money, and every card she could get her hands on. I still have a much of my Favre collection, but she managed to take and sell a few of my high-end autos and jerseys, as well as many others. Unfortunately my lawyer couldn't do anything about that. She tried. All my trade cards are gone too. Found a few of them while digging around after I decided to get back into collecting once again, but there is next to nothing left. Divorces are awful and I don't recommend it.

So, I am back and open for business. Be patient though. I don't have many cards right now, but will be getting some to add for trade in the coming days and weeks. I collect any and all Brett Favre cards. If I've traded with you before, I look forward to reconnecting an doing it all again (It's one of the things I really missed about collecting). If I haven't dealt with you before, I hope to.
[Image: Hof_zpsa29cd41a.png]

If you smoke in your home, please don't trade me.

Sorry to hear about why you were gone, but welcome back. Glad to hear that the majority of your Favre collection is intact.
Currently collect: NON-SERIAL NUMBERED autos, Topps, and Topps Chrome cards of players in Bengals uniforms.

(11-28-2012, 06:45 PM)englandhousehold Wrote: Welcome back, I've been in your shoes. you got the most important thing, the kids. I got custody of my oldest daughter when she was 2 (9 now) and getting/raising them as a man on your own is hard but definitely right choice! Bravo. Sorry about cards, had to sell mine to take care of my little when times were tough but good news is you can replace them. Even have the kiddos start back with you. Good luck with rest of it and I have some Favres when you get settled for trading.
Will do. Glad to hear that. Good for you. My kids are 11, 10, and 5

I had barely seen them in nine months before I got the call to go get them. She's been fighting me ever since, and it has stopped the divorce in its tracks, but it has been the most rewarding thing I've done in my whole life. Even though the divorce has been crap, I'd go through it all over again if it meant doing the right thing for them. I'm glad that I get the chance to do the best of both worlds right now.
(11-28-2012, 06:50 PM)nineof Wrote: Sorry to hear about why you were gone, but welcome back. Glad to hear that the majority of your Favre collection is intact.
Got lucky on that one. She took everything that wasn't nailed down...and some things that were. Was pretty disappointed when I found out she sold one of my Favre autos /10. That was a heartbreaking moment.

Thanks

Welcome back little brother, you have been missed! You know, I think about you all of the time and wondered what was happening (I knew about the divorce, but nothing since!) Glad to see you posting again.
[Image: AllthingsOregon2copy.jpg]

(11-28-2012, 07:51 PM)koolkellygirl Wrote: Welcome back little brother, you have been missed! You know, I think about you all of the time and wondered what was happening (I knew about the divorce, but nothing since!) Glad to see you posting again.
Hey big sis! I was wondering when I'd hear from you. Kind of nice to hear that you thought about me even after all this time that has passed. That's the kind of stuff I missed. Glad I decided to get back into this. And I guess I should thank you for finding my name on a good trader's list. That was a surprise! I'll have to PM you and catch up sometime.

You were my first friend here, Chris, and how can I forget those awesome box breaks you did? Missed ya, yep I did...
[Image: AllthingsOregon2copy.jpg]

(11-28-2012, 10:28 PM)koolkellygirl Wrote: Missed ya, yep I did...
The feeling is mutual

Welcome back it's always nice to welcome back people that have been on here for awhile. Sorry about the divorce and the cards you lost. But like you said and I think we all agree you got the most important thing. Glad to see a fellow favre collector back check my Favre's that I have marked for trade if you need any of them there yours.
I collect these three guys. I teach life skills class for kids and can always use free cards for them.

[Image: cox3.png]

(11-29-2012, 09:06 AM)cox1781 Wrote: Welcome back it's always nice to welcome back people that have been on here for awhile. Sorry about the divorce and the cards you lost. But like you said and I think we all agree you got the most important thing. Glad to see a fellow favre collector back check my Favre's that I have marked for trade if you need any of them there yours.
Yes, I did get the most important thing. Just found out that I'll be out of town all day tomorrow dealing with lawyers. The joys of divorce.
I'll check it out. Thanks.