`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Who is Getting in this Time Around?

RE: Who is Getting in this Time Around?
It's not weather the roid users get in or not its interesting to see if they will get the 5 % required for second chance the following year. If they do then it will get interesting as new waves of voters come in and take it for it was what it was.

(11-28-2012, 06:33 PM)nyyankeesfan28 Wrote: Mattingly, Biggio, Piazza.
agreed, but definitely not bonds or sosa
Currently collecting Ravel Santana Bowman Prospect Auto refractors!
Need: Red, Purple, Gold, Orange & Super.

If you see any items listed on eBay or for trade please let me know!!

I'm thinking Piazza for sure and I'm really hoping Biggio makes it. One of my favorite players.
Collecting Phillies base cards from 1950-present
Collecting all catcher prospect and rookie cards

(11-28-2012, 07:48 PM)RobbinsDynasty Wrote: It's not weather the roid users get in or not its interesting to see if they will get the 5 % required for second chance the following year. If they do then it will get interesting as new waves of voters come in and take it for it was what it was.
I was thinking that same thing this morning. Wouldn't that make a statement!

My hope is that Mattingly makes it in. Donnie Baseball has great numbers, but just a few years more of healthy at bats, he would have been a shoe-in.
This might be his last year of eligibility. It would be a shame if one of the Roid-boys makes it, and Donnie never does.

I think Piazza will make it, pretty consistent player, great stats, never implicated with the Roid-boys.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Agree 100%, DrMitchJ.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

1960 was the last year no one was elected to the Hall of Fame. Could it happen again?
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

It looks possible, zeprock.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

(11-29-2012, 05:59 PM)zeprock Wrote: 1960 was the last year no one was elected to the Hall of Fame. Could it happen again?
It would be too big of a $$$$ loss to Cooperstown to not have an induction ceremony.
Perhaps, with nobody suitable from the newly eligible, Mattingly's chances are increased. .....
Besides, Piazza has never been under the cloud of steroidal-suspicion, so he stands a better chance than most.
I never really heard much about Biggio and suspected Roid usage. Has there ever been allegations?
Mitch
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

If not this year of Donnie then He would make it on the alumni vote in the years to come. Hope he makes it in though. Piazza has a decent chance biggios chances are a little harder but there could be arguments made for Bonds. Suspected is one thing he had hall of fame stats before he blew up. Some of the other "Roid" users I dont think have the stats. In a way its not cheating if it never carries a punishment. It's not cheating on your wife if you guys are swingers. Immoral is not the same as cheating. Just my 2 cents.