`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
gehrig or ruth?

RE: gehrig or ruth?
ya joe jacksons is very rare and way to expensive. Theres one mathewson auto on ebay right now already up to $4000.

Gehrig, and it aint close

ruth was a prolific signer...he signed everywhere, everything, every time. gehrig wasnt, and of course, lived a shorter life.

gehrig is worth more because of scarcity. ruth you can pick up just about anywhere, and faiorly cheap, im comparison to gehrig.

gehrig hands down. screw if people outside of baseball know who he is, or has as much recognition. ruth's are common - gehrig's autos arent

Well, as long as both are authentic and in the same condition...yeah, I can't choose.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

Obviously I would choose Mantle...lol

Nah, I guess for me it would depend on whether or not I was keeping or reselling later on. PC: Ruth Profit: Gehrig

Although if a choice was given, I would actually rather have a Jackie Robinson or Clemente auto. Maybe not as expensive as a Ruth or Gehrig, but pretty iconic in a sense of what they did for the game and what they meant outside the game as well.

Are you going to be buying a Ruth or Gehrig auto soon?

Question is, if you buy either one, do you buy an auto'ed ball, photo, piece of paper, letter, etc...? Non graded, graded, if graded, by which company? PSA/DNA, James Spence, GAI, etc...

A lot of factors to consider when spending that kind of money on a piece like that. Be sure to do your homework/research. Also, be sure to ask A LOT OF QUESTIONS to help better your sense of "satisfaction" if you would.

I've always been hesitant to spend that kind of money on something just because of all the above factors I mentioned above ^...that's just me. I'm weird like that.

Yeah, has to be authenticated and graded by a reputable company. I feel the exact same way as you, mickey7mantle7.

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.

well the gehrig is jsa authenticated and the babe auto psa 8. the gehrig is 2800 and the ruth is 2900.

(11-28-2012, 11:30 PM)blackitalian Wrote: well the gehrig is jsa authenticated and the babe auto psa 8. the gehrig is 2800 and the ruth is 2900.
that's a nice ruth auto....what does the gehrig look like? is it faded?

What's the grade on the Gehrig? Ruth PSA 8 is pretty amazing.

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.

the gehrig doesnt have a auto grade but the guy wants 2900 for the ruth...ooooweeee

Man! Pretty steep price. But that is awesome condition.

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.