`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1996-97 Fleer Patrick Roy Cool Steel card

1996-97 Fleer Patrick Roy Cool Steel card
Can anyone help me determine how I can identify the Super Power version of this card? I have the card listed on ebay and a user asked me if it was the Super Power version, to which I acknowledged I have no clue. The card does have a shine to it, almost like a refractor and in the sun when you turn it from side to side it does reflect different colors. I certainly don't want to misrepresent the card or for that matter not list it properly so any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

RE: 1996-97 Fleer Patrick Roy Cool Steel card
I can help... I have all the inserts - regular and super power - from 96-97 Metal Universe

What you're describing is the super power version - there seem to be many of the regular version on eBay right now. The super power doesn't usually scan well.

As far as not misrepresenting the card - if yours is the one claiming the BV is $200... well... (a.) you'd have to be selling the Super Power version to even get close to that BV, which is (b.) SIGNIFICANTLY higher than the current BV... more than double
[Image: finlandbanner.jpg]
Bucket - http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/phildonu37/ (I don't update my bucket when stuff is gone)

Thanks for the info. Ideally when I was listing this card I did a search for it on ebay only to find the super power version that had sold for approx $50. Unbeknownst to me I listed mine exactly the same, ignorant of the fact that there were different formats of it. Whether the "book value" of it is $200 or not I'm not sure but, wrong or right, I used the same description. Thanks again for your help!!

(11-28-2012, 11:43 AM)sfitzy Wrote: Thanks for the info. Ideally when I was listing this card I did a search for it on ebay only to find the super power version that had sold for approx $50. Unbeknownst to me I listed mine exactly the same, ignorant of the fact that there were different formats of it. Whether the "book value" of it is $200 or not I'm not sure but, wrong or right, I used the same description. Thanks again for your help!!
No prob. There are three Roy cool steel cards up right now, so I can only assume yours is the one most closely resembling the super power version. My only advice is to list that its super power parallel - will likely draw more interest that way. For me, if I don't know for sure that its a parallel, then I might try and win it cheaply and hope I get the parallel... I'll only bid real value if I know for sure it's a parallel. Adding at to your description and title will likely do more than suggesting a BV and then buyers know exactly what it is. I wouldn't think you would get the same $50 that the other guy got without stating its the super power. Good luck with it!
[Image: finlandbanner.jpg]
Bucket - http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/phildonu37/ (I don't update my bucket when stuff is gone)