`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Help identifying a Nolan Ryan and...Bugs Bunny card

Help identifying a Nolan Ryan and...Bugs Bunny card
Good Tuesday, everyone. I've been going through a bunch of my old cards and slowly entering some of them into my Org. I found this one in a box with a bunch of randoms the other day and I've had trouble finding it here on Beckett. Was hoping somebody could point me in the right direction. Thank You!

FRONT:

Nolan & Bugs (Front)

BACK:

Nolan & Bugs (Back)

COLLECTING: St Louis Cardinals -- NASCAR: Jamie McMurray, Kyle Larson, Rusty Wallace, Austin & Ty Dillon -- KU Jayhawks in the Pros (NBA & NFL) -- Non-Sports

RE: Help identifying a Nolan Ryan and...Bugs Bunny card
It's from the 1991 Upper Deck Comic Ball set.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(11-27-2012, 02:39 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: It's from the 1991 Upper Deck Comic Ball set.
Beckett must not have the whole set in their database. I only find 4 cards when I look up the set. Two of them feature Nolan Ryan, but with different Looney Tunes.

Thanks for the tip!
COLLECTING: St Louis Cardinals -- NASCAR: Jamie McMurray, Kyle Larson, Rusty Wallace, Austin & Ty Dillon -- KU Jayhawks in the Pros (NBA & NFL) -- Non-Sports

(11-27-2012, 02:42 PM)Mikarlo Wrote: Beckett must not have the whole set in their database. I only find 4 cards when I look up the set. Two of them feature Nolan Ryan, but with different Looney Tunes.

Thanks for the tip!
Yeah, maybe you're right. I went to its most basic and it gave me 1991 Upper Deck Comic Ball 2. Then I clicked on it and it said that it was the 198 card set.

I have a few of those card, they were given out at the National Card Convention in Anaheim, CA.
[Image: medlendodger_zps6b1c847c.jpg]
**Looking for Kris Medlen cards, willing to trade/buy**

(11-27-2012, 02:59 PM)Murzcoach Wrote: I have a few of those card, they were given out at the National Card Convention in Anaheim, CA.
I don't know, but I think that you're wrong. I think that only the 4 promos were handed out at the National. And get this. They were handed out on the wrong days.

While I cant see the card image right now, I have some 90's era upper deck cards with Nolan Ryan and some Looney Toons. I think I have one with Reggie Jackson on it too. I have never been to a national before this year. When I was a kid I only got cards from the LCS. Unless there is a national stamp or something on it that I cant see, then this entire post is useless.
[Image: badtime.jpg]

(11-27-2012, 03:45 PM)acevanquish Wrote: While I cant see the card image right now, I have some 90's era upper deck cards with Nolan Ryan and some Looney Toons. I think I have one with Reggie Jackson on it too. I have never been to a national before this year. When I was a kid I only got cards from the LCS. Unless there is a national stamp or something on it that I cant see, then this entire post is useless.
I don't necessarily know that I've ever seen a card distributed at a National, but I don't see any stamp on here that would indicate it was from a National.

(11-27-2012, 03:45 PM)acevanquish Wrote: While I cant see the card image right now, I have some 90's era upper deck cards with Nolan Ryan and some Looney Toons. I think I have one with Reggie Jackson on it too. I have never been to a national before this year. When I was a kid I only got cards from the LCS. Unless there is a national stamp or something on it that I cant see, then this entire post is useless.
I wouldn't say that this post is useless.

Maybe, back in 1991, they didn't stamp promos. This card is not one of the 4 promos. But I know that the 4 promos were handed out b/c they were handed out on the wrong days.

By your own admission, you said that you didn't go to the Nationals until this year. So you could not know how it worked back then.

Definitely not from the Nationals I used to buy these packs when I was a kid from the local grocery store. They do contain cards with Reggie Jackson also like ace mentioned. It's Looney Tunes Comic Ball Series 2 cards, Beckett doesn't have them in the database though.

[Image: Hof_zpsa29cd41a.png]

If you smoke in your home, please don't trade me.