Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2012 Prominence, 1 Black Friday Pack, and 2011 College Football Legends

2012 Prominence, 1 Black Friday Pack, and 2011 College Football Legends
Was happy with these:

Prominence:

Autograph: Chris Cooley of /25
Autograph Helmet (Huh?) redemption: Brian Quick (don't know what this is numbered to or have any idea at all what it is)
Memorabilia: Doug Martin one color (red) of 249ish or thereabouts. Its pretty nice for a memorabilia card

The other cards were all numbered to 897 or some weird number like that.

I actually like those sort of products - no packages to open, not much mess, everything is numbered.

Black Friday Pack:

Definitely a Washington, DC special.

NFL Thanksgiving: RGIII
Alex Ovechkin

College Football Legends.

This one only had the three advertised autos so no buyback redemption. Was disappointing, but the autos were cool in my opinion.

A Heisman Trophy Winner: George Rogers from South Carolina.

An NFL Hall of Famer (and Justice of the Minnesota Supreme Court which means that for an attorney/football fan its hard to beat): Allen Page, Notre Dame

A legendary bust, "star" of bad action movies and commmercials, and 1980s icon: Brian Bosworth from Oklahoma.

I also have to say that i'm happy with those even getting only three - a Hall of Famer, Heisman Winner, and icon from my youth. Pretty cool!

RE: 2012 Prominence, 1 Black Friday Pack, and 2011 College Football Legends
Nice commentary about Bosworth lol. Congrats.

The autograph helmet is like the old rubber helmet cards from a different product (Gridiron Gear I think?).

(11-27-2012, 05:45 PM)ejnfl24 Wrote: The autograph helmet is like the old rubber helmet cards from a different product (Gridiron Gear I think?).
they also did em' in prestig
Collecting: Crede, Luck, Tannehill, Osweiler, Cobb

Revolving signature

The 897 is numbered like so because there are three colors to each card. Gold, silver and platinum. And there is 299 of each.

MAINLY COLLECTING KANSAS CITY CHIEFS PLAYERS
new updated bucket 12/16

wow not bad! Did you pull any elways from prominence? Could use the Bos if its FT also.
[Image: mooncricket916.jpg]

(11-27-2012, 05:45 PM)ejnfl24 Wrote: The autograph helmet is like the old rubber helmet cards from a different product (Gridiron Gear I think?).
That is disappointing, i was hoping it would be an actual autographed helmet. Even a bit of an actual helmet would at least be different. But at least its autographed.

Oh well, for the record according to the checklist on the Panini website the Brian Quick Helmet auto is numbered to 200.
(11-27-2012, 08:51 PM)robsvideos Wrote: The 897 is numbered like so because there are three colors to each card. Gold, silver and platinum. And there is 299 of each.
Cool, i did not know that - i was wondering how come there weren't some lower numbered parallel cards in there like there normally are in that sort of product.
(11-28-2012, 12:05 AM)mooncricket916 Wrote: wow not bad! Did you pull any elways from prominence? Could use the Bos if its FT also.
Did not get any Elways from Prominence and i want to keep the Bosworth auto because its simply one of those cards that i had no idea that i needed it until i pulled it and realized how awesome it is to have.

Probably explains why i could never make any money buying cards to sell.

Sorry.
And for the record, the Doug Martin is actually numbered to 299 rather than 249. Its still pretty nice though.

Ncie ovechkin
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

(11-27-2012, 08:51 PM)robsvideos Wrote: The 897 is numbered like so because there are three colors to each card. Gold, silver and platinum. And there is 299 of each.
So...

They would be 1-299. Gold 300-598, And Silver 599-897 ?
Not an answer. More of a Q. As I have been away... And need to get my hands on the Rice cards out of this set.