`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
need to get rid of commons..

RE: need to get rid of commons..
(11-26-2012, 09:46 PM)michaelpoyma Wrote: I have the same problem, especially from mid 80's - early 90's. It's a lot of work, but why not mail a card to players and see if they'll autograph and send back? Some guys who have been out of the game might be willing to sign.
Good idea.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

(11-26-2012, 09:46 PM)michaelpoyma Wrote: I have the same problem, especially from mid 80's - early 90's. It's a lot of work, but why not mail a card to players and see if they'll autograph and send back? Some guys who have been out of the game might be willing to sign.
That's a really good idea, how would I get their address to send it to??
Currently collecting Ravel Santana Bowman Prospect Auto refractors!
Need: Red, Purple, Gold, Orange & Super.

If you see any items listed on eBay or for trade please let me know!!

(11-26-2012, 11:12 PM)jlandry287 Wrote: That's a really good idea, how would I get their address to send it to??
Sports card forum has a really good player address database on their website. I use it to send to players and I've had great luck recently even with current players.

This may sound horribly wrong and i dont mean it to at all. But i would love some unwanted common cards, My dad is a teacher and recently started a sports card collecting and trading club, I would love to help him out and these kids who show up often for it.

But donating to a school near by or a YMCA would be an idea, or you could donate them to a church or local charity who needs gifts for young boys and girls for christmas/ other holidays that happen in december.

There was a member doing a Kards for Kids for Kristmas check him out too.
www.northerncards.net
Bowman Set Collector
Blue Jays Guy
Supercollecting Jorge Saez and Jose Berrios

(11-27-2012, 12:19 AM)x5ofspades Wrote: This may sound horribly wrong and i dont mean it to at all. But i would love some unwanted common cards, My dad is a teacher and recently started a sports card collecting and trading club, I would love to help him out and these kids who show up often for it.

But donating to a school near by or a YMCA would be an idea, or you could donate them to a church or local charity who needs gifts for young boys and girls for christmas/ other holidays that happen in december.

There was a member doing a Kards for Kids for Kristmas check him out too.
i was actually leaning more towards charity but most they're from the 80's-90's so most kids now-a-days would have no clue who they are. i think i may send some to a few players see if i can get their auto, and the rest list on eBay with 100% going towards childhood cancer or something along those lines
Currently collecting Ravel Santana Bowman Prospect Auto refractors!
Need: Red, Purple, Gold, Orange & Super.

If you see any items listed on eBay or for trade please let me know!!

Yeah, I'm donating to cards for kids and they don't want those cards because they have no relevance to the kids.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!