Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
2012 Bowman Draft 10 case break and contest thread [CONTESTS CLOSED]

RE: 2012 Bowman Draft 10 case break and contest thread [CONTEST #1 OPEN]
box 2 pack 2 772 yards.

Good luck but leave a little for my 8 cases that will be here on Friday.
All in with pocket Aces.... Andre Johnson and Aaron Rodgers.

box 5 pack 3- 735 yards

good luck buddy!
[Image: w6CF1RN.png]
Another great banner by jbel4331!

Also collecting Brewers prospects and Hall of Fame autos

So the UPS guy delivered a couple of Black Friday purchases, but no 2012 Draft. Apparently, Blowout didn't get their cases until Tuesday, and so I won't get mine until Thursday. Major bummer, because I blocked out the entire evening for breaking wax, and Thursday is super busy. I'm not even sure I'm going to be able to sign for it tomorrow.

So it looks like we've got another day to accept entries into the first contest. Entries close at the kickoff of the Rutgers game. Best case scenario is that I start busting shortly thereafter.

Thanks for the well wishes, everyone. I'll be back tomorrow to check in.

Nathan

Box 5, Pack 8, yards 645
Angels cards - Jo Adell, Mike Trout, Reid Detmers, Ohtani, Bachman, O'Hoppe, Joyce, Zach Neto etc. 

Looking for Bowman Chrome Draft and Chrome Prospects set fillers. PM me what you have avail!

Box 3, Pack 9, 817 yards

RE: 2012 Bowman Draft 10 case break and contest thread [CONTEST #1 CLOSED]
[CONTEST #1 CLOSED; CHECK BACK LATER FOR CONTEST #2]

No further entries accepted; UPS came and I'm a few minutes away from breaking the first case. Yahoo!

Nice!
[Image: medlendodger_zps6b1c847c.jpg]
**Looking for Kris Medlen cards, willing to trade/buy**

31 entries have been recorded. Nobody has the first box or the 12th box, but all the others are covered. Good luck -- just ripped a pack!
Case #1, Box #1

Austin Dean Blue /500
Hisashi Iwakuma Rookie Refractor /300
Joey Gallo Perfect Game Auto /235 (pack #16)
Matthew Smoral Auto

Grade: A
Comments: Wow, really loving this product out of the gate. The numbered rookie refractors are very nice: a bit thicker and heavier than the unnumbered prospect refractors. The ice parallel is sharp looking. The Top Picks insert set appears to be overproduced (four per box), but it is attractive. No chrome color, which is not a good sign. Also, there were only two code cards in this box, which is less than the 4/box I was expecting Obviously, the big deal in this first box is the Gallo bonus auto, which is a $50 card at least, maybe $70. I haven’t seen any sold yet, but that’s my guess. So a great box to start the break. It is currently my lowest numbered card, but it won’t stay that way.

Case #1, Box #2

Joseph Almaraz Blue /500
Jeffrey Wendelken Blue /500
Luke Bard Orange /250
Stephen Pryor Orange /250
James Ramsey Blue Refractor /250
Stephen Pryor Gold Refractor /50 (pack #15)
Kevin Gausman Blue Refractor Auto /150

Grade: A
Comments: Boom. Another great auto, plus an explosion of color. I’d be surprised if I saw this many colored cards again in the next 118 boxes. None of the paper color is worth very much, but still. The gold refractor of Pryor is solid, and it came in the 15th pack. I feel certain I’ll get at least one more gold refractor in this case, so contestants who have the 2nd box are probably out of the running.

Case #1, Box #3

Nick Routt Blue /500
Ben Waldrip Blue /500
Hunter Bailey Orange /250
Adam Giacalone Gold Refractor /50 (pack #21)
Scooter Gennett Futures Game Jersey /199
Austin Aune Refractor Auto

Grade: C+
Comments: No complaints here. Solid refractor auto (these are unnumbered this year, by the way), gold prospect refractor, and a jersey card.

Case #1, Box #4

Tyler Naquin Blue /500
Brian Dozier Blue /500
Gavin Cecchini Orange /250
Leonys Martin Blue Refractor /250
William Carmona Blue Refractor /250
Ty Hensley Auto

Grade: C
Comments: I think there’s plenty of upside for the Hensley auto. Incidentally, the autos and numbered refractors are on slightly heavier stock than the unnumbered prospect refractors. Definitely easy to tell the difference between packs, so don’t buy any loose packs, as they are almost certain to be searched.

Case #1, Box #5

Jordan Pacheco Blue /500
Clayton Henning Blue /500
Jake Pintar Red /1
Charles Gillies Blue Refractor /250
Jordan Pacheco Superfractor /1 (Pack #23)
Kyle Zimmer Bowman’s Best Die Cut Xfractor /25
Nolan Fontana Gold Refractor Auto /50

Grade: A+
Comments: What an insane box. I think it may be the first time I ever got two legitimate 1/1 cards in the same box. Here’s how it played out: first I got the gold auto, which became my lowest numbered card of the case, then I got the Best X Die Cut, which became my lowest numbered card of the case. In the 21st pack I pulled the Red 1/1, and in the 23rd pack I could swear I saw superfractor gold, even though I couldn’t quite believe it. Ordinarily I’d conclude that we have a contest winner, but with two 1/1s in the same box, who knows? Maybe there’s another one in this case. If not, however, our contest winner is going to be Brooklynbums8596, who predicted the lowest numbered card in the 1st pack of the 6th box. He can now root for me to pull plates and red refractors, while everyone else can root for another super!

[Image: super-1.jpg]