`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
damaged card question

damaged card question
I went to the LCS with my buddy and we decided to split a box of Triple Threads. I got a really nice dual sided jersey of Cliff Lee numbered to 9. The problem is that the words that make up the jersey outline are really damaged and frayed on both sides. Would it be worth my time to send it back to Topps? Also, would I get another version of the card or just a new pack or something? I have never wanted to send a damaged card back to the company before, so I don't know what happens.Thanks for any comments left, I appreciate the help.

RE: damaged card question
Can you post a pic of the card?
[Image: medlendodger_zps6b1c847c.jpg]
**Looking for Kris Medlen cards, willing to trade/buy**

It would help to see a pic of the card. -Generally speaking, Topps will replace it with something "similar." It's a gamble. If what you've got is basically ruined, I'd probably exchange it.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

Topps version of "similar" could be a total joke though. With that said Cliff Lee doesn't really sell high so expect the replacement to be very low calibur. Best thing to do would be call and talk to a rep and see what they would offer and make the decision based on that.
My funny athlete names collection: https://www.facebook.com/groups/935847757314558
IG: dicks_n_funny_athlete_names
Whatnot: funnyathletenames

[Image: IMG_1626.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1625.jpg]

Both sides of the card. The "E's" are the damaged parts.

Oh man that "E" peeling is pretty bad. The other stuff is normal for triple threads though. I would call Topps and see what they offer.
[Image: medlendodger_zps6b1c847c.jpg]
**Looking for Kris Medlen cards, willing to trade/buy**

Oh that's pretty bad. The card you get will likely be of lesser value than the card you are having replaced. If there was a way to find out what you get before sending it in, that would be awesome.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!