IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
NOTICE! Don't buy from eBay'er "6761glen"
Lightbulb 
NOTICE! Don't buy from eBay'er "6761glen"
Hello all,

I'm fairly new to Beckett and I'd like to inform the community of a blood-sucking parasite in a manner non-prejudicial to the Beckett online community, I'm talking of course about the eBay'er calling himself, "6761glen".

Here are the item numbers:

360517780564, 360517611464

Lemme splain,

So I heard about UD's new redemptions in their 2012-13 set and thought I'd look them up on eBay. I saw some were pulling a good amount of coin (or asking) and then I came across a Rookie Redemption #1 and #2 with ZERO bids on it at the time. To bid on either one was only $0.99USD at the time, so I did.

Lemme break it down,

I set my max bid at $39.99USD because the seller had a condition that it would cost $11.50 to ship if the price went over $40.00 .... and people complain about gas prices, how about the price-gouging of $11.50 on a redemption card for shipping of all things? REALLY?

Not even 2mins and 20secs later there was what I suspect to be a duplicate bidder of this 6761glen person with the name "m***f (52)" who deliberately SMASHED THROUGH my max bid on the "#2" just so he could collect extra on registered mail and inflate the price of the item. The other item mentioned, the "#1", was much the same
which took approximately 5mins while the "m***f (52)" bidder bid it up and SMASHED THROUGH it also!!! REALLY?

Okay, for an item that had no action previously and it sat listed for a while, my lie detector was ping-ing! So, I did what any red-blooded man would do and started to check out his other listings. Sure enough, on auction items on average $10 or more, the heinous "m***f (52)" SMASHES THROUGH other bidder's bids to inflate the price in a manner that benefits 6761glen. I reported the two items that I had bid on and wasn't satisfied enough, so I contacted eBay and was on the phone with them for a good 45min or so. They are looking into it and have found that there is shared information between "m***f (52)" and "6761glen" and that they are likely one in the same. If so, this will be the 4th offense for "6761glen" and he may lose his account and all future eBay activity for this fraudulent activity....good.

When I looked at "m***f (52)" and his/her profile I was vindicated when I saw that 100% of all of his/her activity in the past 30 days was for the bidding of 6761glen's items!!! REALLY?

At the end of the day, I just hoped I've helped to protect honest people like myself from filthy miscreant predators like 6761glen. Fair value is fair value, and if somebody doesn't want to pay outrageous amounts for the items in your store or for BS shipping, you shouldn't inflate the price so you can twin the stream of your revenue, that's not only unethical, but it presents moral hazard to the rest of the trading and buying community!

Cheers

RE: NOTICE! Don't buy from eBay'er "6761glen"
That's twisted! Its a good thing some one checks on these "parasites". Does he have a Beckett account?

Job well Done...
I collect "THE 27 CLUB" - Matt Kemp & Mike Trout RC's
[Image: RyinvZK.png]
[Image: beckett2_zps5fe6c285.jpg]
~! KEEP THE HOBBY ALIVE !~
Props to jbel4331

did you report the schilling?
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

This is insane! I have recently come across a VERY shill bidder (h0we9)who will claim damage to your sold item(s), refuse to send them back, and go as far as creating disputes along every level that they can. They start by contacting you and asking for a refund. You oblige, but they refuse to send the item back to you. They will then lodge a complaint and eBay will take their side, but tell them to send you back the item with tracking. They will refuse to do so, and then lose out on that battle.

This eBayer will then escalate their lie by going to PayPal so they can defame your good name on there. PayPal is related to eBay, so they will see right through their lies, cancelling their complaint and claim. But then... this leech will go as far as filing a complaint with their credit card!!! The credit card company will contact PayPal immediately, who will then remove the purchase money from your account immediately. You will have to call PayPal to remind them that they have already dismissed the fraudulent claims, and they will return your funds. It will take around 75 more days for the debacle to completely end, but it is a HUGE hassle and the scammer will win if you don't take any actions.

This scammer has gone as far as making their feedback private, because a solid 25% of ALL of their feedback is the mandatory positive (I argued with eBay about this for an hour) with a completely negative comment and warning to stay away. It looks as if they have been inactive for the past while, and I am hoping that they have finally been beaten down.

It's a very brutal game we play when it comes to these scammers, who will stop at nothing to get money in any way they can, leaving a very bad taste in others' mouths. I hope that we can all learn from Dave's interactions, and report any acts like this. Thanks for this post, Dave! Another parasite bites the dust!!!

Holy crap!!! Thanks for the heads up!!

I don't know if he has a Beckett account, but if he does, I hope he read my post!!!
That just goes to show that you can have a over 3000+ postive feedback on ebay, but if you're selling to yourself with absolutely nothing to lose and somebody honest comes along, you can be taken down and the only buyers who want to bid on your items will be your creepy self. I can't stand people like 6761glen. I don't know his/her personal situation, but Karma is a mothertrucker and she will run you over!
(11-24-2012, 08:01 AM)rayeates Wrote: This is insane! I have recently come across a VERY shill bidder (h0we9)who will claim damage to your sold item(s), refuse to send them back, and go as far as creating disputes along every level that they can. They start by contacting you and asking for a refund. You oblige, but they refuse to send the item back to you. They will then lodge a complaint and eBay will take their side, but tell them to send you back the item with tracking. They will refuse to do so, and then lose out on that battle.

This eBayer will then escalate their lie by going to PayPal so they can defame your good name on there. PayPal is related to eBay, so they will see right through their lies, cancelling their complaint and claim. But then... this leech will go as far as filing a complaint with their credit card!!! The credit card company will contact PayPal immediately, who will then remove the purchase money from your account immediately. You will have to call PayPal to remind them that they have already dismissed the fraudulent claims, and they will return your funds. It will take around 75 more days for the debacle to completely end, but it is a HUGE hassle and the scammer will win if you don't take any actions.

This scammer has gone as far as making their feedback private, because a solid 25% of ALL of their feedback is the mandatory positive (I argued with eBay about this for an hour) with a completely negative comment and warning to stay away. It looks as if they have been inactive for the past while, and I am hoping that they have finally been beaten down.

It's a very brutal game we play when it comes to these scammers, who will stop at nothing to get money in any way they can, leaving a very bad taste in others' mouths. I hope that we can all learn from Dave's interactions, and report any acts like this. Thanks for this post, Dave! Another parasite bites the dust!!!
That sounds like one heck of a dog and pony show to go through, I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience. Thanks for the information on the process though!!!
Sounds like h0we9 is another one of those reprobates who would probably do well to work for a bank like JPM or GS ... they probably do.

These people are professionals at screwing people over, but when they get too greedy and bid their own items up too quickly or think they should keep a card and not pay for it, it comes back to bite them in the butt.

As the saying goes, 'buyer beware'.
(11-24-2012, 06:52 AM)bonnev659 Wrote: did you report the schilling?
Yes I did, by computer and by telephone.

it's nice to see ebay is actually doing something about it.
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches

(11-25-2012, 08:23 PM)Optimus_Prime Wrote: it's nice to see ebay is actually doing something about it.
I sure hope so, the listing for those two cards ended normally, but I think the rabbit hole will go deeper. There are so many predators out there that think they are invincible when it comes to this kind of gross negligence. Feedback ratings don't mean anything sometimes in the ebay world.

Thanks for the heads up. This is one reason I do not buy from ebay. Lots of great deals, but a few bad apples give a bad taste on bidding.
[Image: scan0004-1-1.jpg] [Image: scan0005-1-1.jpg]
Collecting; Flyers-Red Wings-Brodeur-Cujo-Hasek-Shanahan, 04-05 Franchises Memorabilia