`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
need to get rid of commons..

need to get rid of commons..
i have THOUSANDS of commons in my closet nobody wants. I can't sell, trade, or even give them away. What to do??
Currently collecting Ravel Santana Bowman Prospect Auto refractors!
Need: Red, Purple, Gold, Orange & Super.

If you see any items listed on eBay or for trade please let me know!!

RE: need to get rid of commons..
a couple of thoughts. You can try and make team lots and trade/sell or donate to children's hospital
Royals Super Collector; PC's of Paul Splittorff, George Brett, Mike Sweeney

I donated the majority of mine and kept a couple thousand to put 7-8 in penny sleeves at a time to be used to protect cards I ship out.
[Image: Untitled_zpsec8eef53.jpg]

I be collecting BGS Jeter RC's & Tom Seaver (Mets Uniform) Autos/Patches

My PC Bucket.

http://s944.photobucket.com/albums/ad281/mjkata78/

(11-23-2012, 10:38 PM)kata78 Wrote: I donated the majority of mine and kept a couple thousand to put 7-8 in penny sleeves at a time to be used to protect cards I ship out.
Someone once did that for me on ebay and accidentally sent me a card I needed for a set. The funny part of it all, is that some commons are actually difficult to find, because nobody wants to bother with them. I know my LCS may have a stack of some commons, but they never bother sorting them, and that seems to be pretty common now.

(11-23-2012, 10:50 PM)dpatera Wrote: Someone once did that for me on ebay and accidentally sent me a card I needed for a set. The funny part of it all, is that some commons are actually difficult to find, because nobody wants to bother with them. I know my LCS may have a stack of some commons, but they never bother sorting them, and that seems to be pretty common now.
wow thats luck! haha i might start doing that, make somebody's day!
Currently collecting Ravel Santana Bowman Prospect Auto refractors!
Need: Red, Purple, Gold, Orange & Super.

If you see any items listed on eBay or for trade please let me know!!

(11-23-2012, 10:56 PM)jlandry287 Wrote: wow thats luck! haha i might start doing that, make somebody's day!
It sure was. It wasn't even a recent common or anything. It was someone from 1984 Topps that I had been looking for. Talk about unlikely.

That is incredibly lucky!
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

I bring any doubles my son does not want to the school I teach at and let the kids go through them. If you or a friend work in the school systems let the kids have 'em if you don't want them.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

jlandry: anything i get worth less than a dollar gets donated to the Jimmy Fund, or gets put into an ebay auction where 100% goes to the jimmy fund through me and my wife's charity www.project-cupid.org

I have the same problem, especially from mid 80's - early 90's. It's a lot of work, but why not mail a card to players and see if they'll autograph and send back? Some guys who have been out of the game might be willing to sign.
[Image: ueT15.png]

A big THANKS to jbel4331 for the awesome banner!