`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
What a mess my collection is!

RE: What a mess my collection is!
I currently collect 337 different players (All Hall of Famers + some current and retired stars). I have 49 different players that I have over 500 different cards of. I currently have 268,640 cards in my Organize. Everything is organized.

Do you guys hate me?
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(11-23-2012, 12:42 AM)zeprock Wrote: I currently collect 337 different players (All Hall of Famers + some current and retired stars). I have 49 different players that I have over 500 different cards of. I currently have 268,640 cards in my Organize. Everything is organized.

Do you guys hate me?
Yes....Yes We Do.

jk
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

I have a team PC
SF Giants 1958-2012
All extra cards are on Beckett or eBay
I organize by player or set or year or all three
[Image: plasticboxes1.jpg][Image: bindershelf.jpg][Image: 061.jpg]

The binders are in binder protectors for limiting dust and holding the pages so they do not sag..
[Image: binder2.jpg]

And YES..OCD helps a lot for organizing a collection!!!
Good luck with yours..

I use to collect wayyy too many thing but have recently narrowed it down to 2-3 sets or rainbows at a time. Gives you more of a chase feel, saves money, and keeps you organized.

(11-23-2012, 08:40 AM)bonds20001 Wrote: I have a team PC
SF Giants 1958-2012

The binders are in binder protectors for limiting dust and holding the pages so they do not sag..

Good luck with yours..
Wow... Now that's what I'm talking about. Very impressive. A perfect model for an organized collection. I hope someday I get there.
Seems like being organized and having a direction with your collection is a must in order to develop a healthy, enduring and fun hobby experience. I focus on team collecting Giants, Indians and A's with a few player collections within those teams. Since I'm a fan of those teams collecting to me has enriched my knowledge and interest in them. Literally it has brought me closer to the game.

(11-23-2012, 08:40 AM)bonds20001 Wrote: I have a team PC
SF Giants 1958-2012

Good luck with yours..
My God. How about I pay you and for your airfare to Philly to organize my much smaller collection? It seems like I am never done organizing. I really do think I have a little OCD going and never seem to be happy with how I organize anything.

(11-23-2012, 02:17 PM)phillies816 Wrote: My God. How about I pay you and for your airfare to Philly to organize my much smaller collection? It seems like I am never done organizing. I really do think I have a little OCD going and never seem to be happy with how I organize anything.
My son pitches for St Joes..so I am in Philly a few times a year!!! Good luck..there is no right or wrong way..I do it so I can find trade cards easy..when you have 40000+ up for trade, organization is a must..

(11-23-2012, 06:19 PM)bonds20001 Wrote: The binders are in binder protectors for limiting dust and holding the pages so they do not sag..
Where do you get binder protectors? Those look like they would be very handy.

(11-23-2012, 06:43 PM)dpatera Wrote: Where do you get binder protectors? Those look like they would be very handy.
Bindertek is the company and they are not very cheap..they are solid, nicely built and precise..and with the investment I have, I figured..go for it..
Got 50 of them..they are around $10-11 a piece in bulk..
Here is a picture of how they work
[Image: binder1.jpg]
And they slide right into the place on the shelf that I showed.
I keep my PC cards in there by year, alphabetically by manufacturers..pages are the platinum Ultra Pro..

(11-23-2012, 08:26 PM)bonds20001 Wrote: Bindertek is the company and they are not very cheap..they are solid, nicely built and precise..and with the investment I have, I figured..go for it..
Got 50 of them..they are around $10-11 a piece in bulk..
Here is a picture of how they work
[Image: binder1.jpg]
And they slide right into the place on the shelf that I showed.
I keep my PC cards in there by year, alphabetically by manufacturers..pages are the platinum Ultra Pro..
Thanks. I will have to get a few to try them out. They would certainly help out my binder situation quite a bit.