`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Want to collect again

RE: Want to collect again
Bowman has lots of rookies and prospects. If you want to focus on Astros, then maybe buy singles.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

(11-23-2012, 09:11 PM)Bowrag Wrote: Yea... Altuve is legit. Correa should develop in the minors... But I guess this would be the definition of a 'prospect'

Ok back to the question.... So, there are sets that focus on prospects? Bowman seems to be the most online with rookie cards... Both for baseball and football.

Im a Houston guy so I want to only start or stay collecting Astros, Texans, Rockets, etc... Looks like the hobby is overwhelming compared to what it was when I used to collect. Pretty much Upper Deck was brand new and Topps was all you focused on.

My problem, I grab a great rookie or prospect card for someone (example, JJ Watt... There are 5-10 other brands out there that have a higher dollar value than the one I have.) How do you keep up!?!?
Bowman is your best bet for prospecting. IMO they pretty much set the standard for prospect/rookie cards, specifically their chrome autos. I collect Giants prospects and I try to target low numbered refractor auto's. They have the best chance to jump in value IF the prospects pan out. I'm sorry but Topps Chrome takes a back seat to Bowman Chrome and Topps Chrome only has rookie cards not prospects.
I have a JD Martinez Bowman Chrome refractor auto if you're interested. Lol, what happened to that guy? Started so hot, then fell off. Also have a JR Towles. Maybe I should stay away from Astros prospects who initial their first two names...

Good point, that's kind of weird, but it has evidence. That being avoiding Astros prospects who initial their first two names.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!