`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
OT: Why the Post Office is losing $$

RE: OT: Why the Post Office is losing $$
Without seeing the padckage its hard to tell what actually happened. However since I work on the machines that process the packages I can tell you some scenerios that cause the missent.

1. Either the sender put the wrong zip code on the package or it was illegible and the OCR read the first digit as a 9 instead of a zero. I assume your in the 088 AREA.

2. the machines are so fast and automatic that sometimes a package will get caught under one and when it hits the belt its already on the way before anyone can see it to stop it. next stop kent washington. The whole sack is going there but the scanner reads the sack as it lands in seattle then its sent to the final desitnation [it thinks] of kent washington.

3. IT can also be the window clerk had a typo that went unnoticed and the postage bar code was typed incorrectly which when read by the computer sends it to wash. Most of the padckages are no longer keyed by humans. The ocr reads 90 percent of the addresses and or bar co
CANCER SUCKS[Image: AVLRCRSDC.jpg]

(11-23-2012, 08:45 PM)bonds20001 Wrote: WOW!!! 50%!!! I send out 1000 a year and maybe 1-2 get misdirected..
What is up with your PO?? I mean really..stuff gets to me so fast, but I do live near DC..maybe it is the mojo or something.."don't screw with the government!!"
Nah, I'm exaggerating ... but not by much. LOL

It has happened to me probably a dozen times in like three years, and I probably only get one per week, if that.

They get it there faster than I could get it myself, and for insanely small amounts of money--guaranteed. So, I'm happy.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(11-23-2012, 11:18 PM)jonathani Wrote: They get it there faster than I could get it myself, and for insanely small amounts of money--guaranteed. So, I'm happy.
That is true ... I've been getting packages from New Hampshire (I'm out in Cali) in like two days. Crazy.

They have to send it around the country until the 10 count box that is used as a toploader breaks.
KrissyNBrandon

When is 00:00 AM? My guess is careless sorting as to why it got to Washington.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!