`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2012 Topps Golden Giveaway

RE: 2012 Topps Golden Giveaway
(11-22-2012, 03:36 AM)Neifert Wrote: Good to hear someone has gotten all 30. Topps is absolutely horrible about redemptions. I did receive my die-cuts rather quick though. Congrats on the Mays!
Thanks, but I don't want to celebrate too soon ....once I actually have it in hand, I'll be happier.
Yeah, the die cuts wre sent promptly ... I was a little surprised that Topps was so quick. I expected to wait a couple of weeks before they arrived! Very pleased with their die-cuts. I liked last years diamond die cuts a little more, but these are really nice.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I keep trying to order my cards to be sent to me but it says they are unavailable. Maybe I will check today. Congrats on the win!
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

(11-22-2012, 01:47 PM)Haze28 Wrote: I keep trying to order my cards to be sent to me but it says they are unavailable. Maybe I will check today. Congrats on the win!
Thanks!
Btw: I was getting that same "unavailable" message for about 2 weeks in a row, and then I gave up for a few days, then finally got the order screen and jumped on it. Maybe it was down due to the hurricane?
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(11-22-2012, 02:54 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: About a week ago or so, I got my 30th coin and a Willie Mays auto card!!!!!
Congratulations, Mitch. It is always nice to see a member of the Beckett Community win something like this. Please post a pic if/when you get it.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(11-22-2012, 11:43 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Thanks!
Btw: I was getting that same "unavailable" message for about 2 weeks in a row, and then I gave up for a few days, then finally got the order screen and jumped on it. Maybe it was down due to the hurricane?
I tried it last night and was able to get the order so hopefully my cards will show up soon! Can't wait to see the 1/1 gold.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

(11-22-2012, 02:54 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: About a week ago or so, I got my 30th coin and a Willie Mays auto card!!!!!
... I was close to giving up thinking it was impossible, but its not. Smile
So I ordered it to be sent to me .... Surprise.... It's back ordered with no explaination Sad
I am guessing that it isn't signed yet, or something? If that's true, that's kinda messed up.
Hopefully I don't have to wait another year to get the card.

BTW:
I had some of my other die cuts sent, and they did a great job with those. They're beautiful cards. If you haven't had them shipped to you, do it and you will be happy!
That's awesome. Mind if I ask how many codes you entered?
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

(11-22-2012, 11:54 PM)jonathani Wrote: Congratulations, Mitch. It is always nice to see a member of the Beckett Community win something like this. Please post a pic if/when you get it.
Thanks! I will as soon as it is shipped .... And if I use some of my topps redemptions as a guide, it could be a while before I'll ever get the chance. Smile
Mitch
(11-23-2012, 02:01 AM)uvaspina Wrote: That's awesome. Mind if I ask how many codes you entered?
No problem....
You're gonna laugh at me, but I guess I was a little obsessed ..... I entered around 450 codes. ..... And yeah, I've got a ton of Topps series 1,2 and update commons on my hands. Smile
Mitch
(11-23-2012, 12:45 AM)Haze28 Wrote: I tried it last night and was able to get the order so hopefully my cards will show up soon! Can't wait to see the 1/1 gold.
Congrats! Like I said, those die cut cards were sent quickly, so you should get them soon.
I forget ....Who is on your 1/1 gold card ?
Mitch

Even with 450, you beat the odds! Congrats!
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!