`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
1997 score question

1997 score question
Ive had a hard time tracking down some parallels and Ive heard there was an error in the set. Can anyone give me a definitive answer on the Hobby Reserve/Premium Stock/Reserve Collection parallels? Do all 3 variations exist or whats the deal? I have heard many things. If anyone had scans of all variations that could really help me out. Thanks!
Tim Wakefield
656/839 78%
617/643 96% Non 1 of 1s
67/93 Autos
46/60 Memorabilia
39 one of ones

RE: 1997 score question
(11-21-2012, 12:00 AM)bondssf2425 Wrote: Ive had a hard time tracking down some parallels and Ive heard there was an error in the set. Can anyone give me a definitive answer on the Hobby Reserve/Premium Stock/Reserve Collection parallels? Do all 3 variations exist or whats the deal? I have heard many things. If anyone had scans of all variations that could really help me out. Thanks!
I can tell you that the Premium Stock parallels have a "Premium Stock" logo on the front. The second series of Premium Stock has a "Hobby Reserve" logo on the front just to confuse you but those are also actually Premium Stock. The actual Hobby Reserve cards have a "HR" prefix before the card number on the back whereas the Premium Stock cards do not. I believe the Reserve Collection are thicker and printed on foil stock and have a grey "Reserve Collection" logo on the back. Reserve Collection cards only parallel the second series. Hope that helps.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

That's confusing, but makes sense at the same time.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

Confusing indeed, but that does give me some clarity, thanks!
Tim Wakefield
656/839 78%
617/643 96% Non 1 of 1s
67/93 Autos
46/60 Memorabilia
39 one of ones

Zep is correct. I built the PS/HR set back in the day.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

Nine years later but I've finally convinced Sam Zimmer to re-add the second series of 1997 Score Premium Stock to the OPG. It is now listed as 1997 Score Premium Stock Hobby Reserve and there are no values affixed to the cards but we can at least add them to our ORGs and mark them for trade.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(11-21-2012, 12:00 AM)bondssf2425 Wrote: Ive had a hard time tracking down some parallels and Ive heard there was an error in the set.  Can anyone give me a definitive answer on the Hobby Reserve/Premium Stock/Reserve Collection parallels?  Do all 3 variations exist or whats the deal?  I have heard many things.  If anyone had scans of all variations that could really help me out.  Thanks!
I found this super helpful, complete with image references. 

http://baseballcardpedia.com/index.php/1...#Parallels
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,267 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile