`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Question: need help buying my first MJ Auto Card

Question: need help buying my first MJ Auto Card
More a 1986 Fleer collector here but after building 3 complete graded sets with stickers its time to move on to buying the one card I want for my personal collection. A Michael Jordan Auto Card. Need some advise...

What cards are the best to buy if someone is going to spend less then $600 total for the card? Some have autos that are signed on card and some signed on sticker, I would personally think on card is the way to go but maybe not. Any help what to look for before I buy would be a great help. Looking to make a purchase right after Christmas.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can chime in and help.

RE: Question: need help buying my first MJ Auto Card
if youre going for your first one, try your best to get a card that mj is in a bulls jersey with an oncard auto.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

Agree with Pingbling23. Get MJ in a Bulls uniform and an on card auto if you can. You can't get any 90's MJ autos for $600 but you should be able to find one 2000 and up for that price range without a problem.

Please post picks after you pick one up, it's very exciting! I would suggest keeping an eye on one to come up for auction that you like.
[Image: MJCollage_zps3209fd89.jpg]

I agree. The 90s cards with an on card auto is tough to beat.
Currently collecting Mike Trout, Bo Jackson and Al Kaline.

Sets for sale or trade:

1998 Leaf Rookies & Stars-- 99.7% complete.
1999 Finest-- Complete.
2000 Bowman Chrome-- Complete.
2001 Studio---97% complete.

An MJ autograph no matter what kind of card it's on is the same thing. Don't overspend on the hype. Jordan is simply signing his name, doesn't matter what it's on! You can get a beautiful BGS 9.5 with 10 auto of the Sign of The Times from last year... Just look around and make your own decision! Bulls or whatever uniform he's in on the card doesn't matter! It's personal likes & preferences.

(11-20-2012, 11:49 AM)bengu Wrote: An MJ autograph no matter what kind of card it's on is the same thing. Don't overspend on the hype. Jordan is simply signing his name, doesn't matter what it's on! You can get a beautiful BGS 9.5 with 10 auto of the Sign of The Times from last year... Just look around and make your own decision! Bulls or whatever uniform he's in on the card doesn't matter! It's personal likes & preferences.
Spot on. All these 1/1 autos and such are all the same at the end of the day. Its the man signing his name to a card. There have been so many in recent years. Maybe even find a card that was not a "rare" insert and just something signed and authenticated by JSA/BGS or PSA/DNA.

(11-20-2012, 12:14 PM)user_3n5kp Wrote: Spot on. All these 1/1 autos and such are all the same at the end of the day. Its the man signing his name to a card. There have been so many in recent years. Maybe even find a card that was not a "rare" insert and just something signed and authenticated by JSA/BGS or PSA/DNA.

Thanks to everyone that posted replies. Great advise guys! Will post it after I find one that I like and purchase it. Like I said I learned long time ago not to be in a hurry when it comes to buying cards. There is always a good deal to be had the next day, next week, and next month. When I find one that really strikes my eye I will pull the trigger....

(11-20-2012, 12:14 PM)user_3n5kp Wrote: Spot on. All these 1/1 autos and such are all the same at the end of the day. Its the man signing his name to a card. There have been so many in recent years. Maybe even find a card that was not a "rare" insert and just something signed and authenticated by JSA/BGS or PSA/DNA.
Yeah it's absolutely ridiculous to try and say that a 1/1 auto or Exquisite auto are somehow SOOOOOOO much superior to any other auto! The man himself Michael Jordan simply picked up a pen & signed the item! No different than if he had signed a jersey, ball, pic, or ect... He has a contract with UD & just signs what they ask of him! Now the 90's autos I understand, because they're "period pieces" that were actually touched, held, and signed by MJ DURING his playing days while he was in his prime as a pop culture icon & GOAT athlete! But aside from those, paying 1-10K+ on later autos just cause he's depicted in a Bulls uni or is serial numbered is dumb IMO