`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Ten All-Time Greats PC pick-ups from the last week

Top Ten All-Time Greats PC pick-ups from the last week
Since I've had a chance to focus on picking up so many great cards for this PC, and have now come to the end of the latest version of my want-list, I decided to do a top ten show and tell of my most recent pick-ups for the collection. It's the end of the second chapter in the collection's history, and will hopefully lead to chapter three very soon! For now, sit back and enjoy the show!

#10 I may have put this card up a few rungs on the ladder if not for the terrible quality of the pen used to sign this autograph. I may even be looking for another Stosh auto to replace this one, just because it's so sketchy. Stastny was an elite player, and would probably be more of a household name if he hadn't spent just a half step behind Gretzky, Lemieux and Bossy. His name may not have as huge an impact, but if anyone else in NHL history belongs in the conversation of greatest scorer outside those three, it's Peter the Great.

[Image: PeterStastnyAutograph.jpg]

#9 & #8 both feature Norris Trophy winner Rob Blake, who I had the pleasure of watching through his entire 2001 run for The Cup, sharing the ice with my captain, local hero in Boston, Ray Bourque. While I really wanted to honor the guy in his Avs uniform because of the cup run, I figured it would be better to pick up his cards featuring him in LA, as he had his longest stint with them, even heading back to LA later in his career for a couple seasons...

[Image: RobBlakeAutograph.jpg]
[Image: RobBlakeJersey.jpg]

#7 For a modern player, this kid sure is elusive in the autograph department, so I had to go way back to his rookie season to pick up an autograph of Mikko Koivu, the Wild's first ever permanent captain...

[Image: MikkoKoivuAutographedJersey.jpg]

#6 is a 04-05 ITG Franchises Jersey of Mike Vernon. I loved watching the epic battles between the Red Wings and Avalanche back in the day, as Patrick Roy has always been my favorite goaltender (outside Boston, of course!) Seeing Vernon and Osgood in net for the Wings always made for exciting games against the Avs, and adding this to the PC is just awesome...

[Image: MikeVernonJersey.jpg]

#5 is a sweet autographed patch of Doug Wilson from this year's The Cup. Before becoming a GM in San Jose, Wilson nabbed a Norris Trophy in Chicago, while owning the defense scoring title for a decade with the 'Hawks...

[Image: DougWilsonAutographedPatch.jpg]

#4 is a beauty of a 3-color 2011-12 Playoff Contenders Autographed Patch of Denis Savard. I had a chance to watch a bunch of footage of Savard recently, and his moves all over the ice were pretty stellar. Loved watching him show off with the puck, especially his goal against the Oilers in which is basically taught all five opponents on the ice a lesson in keep-away...

[Image: DenisSavardAutographedPatch.jpg]

#3 & #2 both feature Dave "The Hammer" Schultz. So many epic battles between The Hammer and Taz, the wars between the Bruins and Flyers are legendary in Beantown, and we hold The Hammer in high regard as one of the toughest customers to ever bring the battle to the Garden...

2008-09 UD Masterpieces Brushstrokes Brown
[Image: DaveSchultzAutograph.jpg]
2004-05 ITG Franchises US East Memorabilia.
(Quite Stoked, because I had no idea this was the Gold version until it arrived!)

[Image: DaveSchultzJersey.jpg]

#1 I think anything featuring The Rocket should pretty much speak for itself. A revolutionary player, the first player to score 50 goals in a season, and in 50 games no less! He was the first to score 500 in a career, and his prowess on the ice aside, he had nerves of steel, taking on the NHL and being so beloved that his suspension caused a riot. The man will always be a hockey legend, even though his records may not stand, his memory will...

[Image: MauriceRichardJersey.jpg]

This brings an end to the latest incarnation of my want list for this collection, so in a while I'll be compiling another! The PC has reached 261 cards, with a couple more incoming, and a redemption for a Bryan Trottier autograph in the works. It's been a blast putting it together, and I can't wait to take the next step in the building process! Here's the progress so far for anyone who hasn't had the chance to see it...

http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a372/p...?start=all

Many thanks to everyone that has helped me put this collection together, to all whom I've had the pleasure of trading with thus far, and to anyone that I will be trading with in the future!
Cheers!
-Chris
Collecting Cam Neely & Boston Bruins
Photobucket: http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a372/p...or%20Sale/

RE: Top Ten All-Time Greats PC pick-ups from the last week
Some stellar pick ups there! Love how a couple of them have ties to the Sharks haha, Blake finished his career there, and although it hasnt resulted in a cup, his influence in the locker room i think did wonders for the team. Awesome show and tell! Thanks for sharing!

Steve.
[Image: nemesisbanner2.gif]

Sig by tha_penguin

After Joe Thornton serial #1's

Joe Thornton PC: (515) 11.36% Joe Thornton #'d 01/xx: (37) 1.34%
Owen Nolan (260) 15.63%
Couture (37) Demers (26) Sateri (23)

AFTER: TOMAS HERTL, HARRI SATERI

Nice additions!!!!

Nice rocket
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

Nice pickups Chris!!! Really liking the Stastny and Savard. Congrats!!!
Collecting:
Current Penguins / Sidney Crosby / Penguins RCs

[Image: 39d17c38-0760-4e5f-8be4-b6c654d92bea_zpsjsqahbfv.jpg]
The mountains are calling and I MUST GO!!!!

A fantastic bunch of cards, and a great read! I really love the Savard, but that Rocket is stunning! Congrats on the brilliant adds to the wonderful PC. Thanks for the share!

Randi

congrats on the rocket

love the Statsny and Savard the best
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)