`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ebay Question

Ebay Question
I know this is off topic but i am interested to hear some responses. How much time each week do you spend listing cards on the flea bay, and in return how much money do you pull in each week. I think we have some card shop users so if you could not how much time the whole shop spends just you personally.

RE: Ebay Question
I don't sell on eBay or own a shop, so, I can't be of much help, sorry.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

listing? not much time at all. but im on ebay at least 6 hours a day, up to 12, depending on what is going on

/full-time ebay seller

is that your only job Jacoby

(11-18-2012, 10:11 PM)kbfullerr Wrote: is that your only job Jacoby
i also have a couple side gigs i do for bleeps and giggles. i am an appraiser/expert witness for a very high end insurance group, and i do some GIS work for various organizations

but im kind of a workaholic

but 80-85% of my money comes from ebay

I don't sell but I atleast spend a couple hours a day just looking at stuff
[Image: 6C3028DA-222D-46AB-98B7-BD7D0829F4B5-819...1b74d5.jpg]

(11-18-2012, 10:47 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: i also have a couple side gigs i do for bleeps and giggles. i am an appraiser/expert witness for a very high end insurance group, and i do some GIS work for various organizations

but im kind of a workaholic

but 80-85% of my money comes from ebay
I seriously don't know hwo you make money selling cards on the bay. It seems impossible. I list cards and they sell occasionally, but most of the time the cards I list just sit there for months and I keep relisting as an auction so that I don't have to pay listing fees.

(11-19-2012, 11:53 AM)jblaze1718 Wrote: I seriously don't know hwo you make money selling cards on the bay. It seems impossible. I list cards and they sell occasionally, but most of the time the cards I list just sit there for months and I keep relisting as an auction so that I don't have to pay listing fees.
i became the worldwide ebay leader in a niche market: the dutch auction. profit comes by doing lots of business, knowing lots of wholesalers, making sure you get repeat business and extensive knowledge of the market (very extensive).

i wont ever get rich doing it, but im paying the bills and i havent had a boss in 7 years. and i can work in my boxers, take breaks for hoops whenever i want, and if im having a bad day, i can have a guinness or four at lunch

that being said, me and the wife are trying for a kid, so ill probably go get a 9-5, take ebay to part time, drop the GIS work, and only do the highest end appraisals

(11-19-2012, 12:26 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: i became the worldwide ebay leader in a niche market: the dutch auction. profit comes by doing lots of business, knowing lots of wholesalers, making sure you get repeat business and extensive knowledge of the market (very extensive).

i wont ever get rich doing it, but im paying the bills and i havent had a boss in 7 years. and i can work in my boxers, take breaks for hoops whenever i want, and if im having a bad day, i can have a guinness or four at lunch

that being said, me and the wife are trying for a kid, so ill probably go get a 9-5, take ebay to part time, drop the GIS work, and only do the highest end appraisals
It sounds like a lot of work but well worth it to be working at home as your own boss. Good luck with the kid!

Sounds pretty hard but pretty good, jacoby! Like jblaze said, good luck with the kid!
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!