IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 3.94 Average
GRIFFEY COLLECTOR FORUM / THREAD

RE: GRIFFEY COLLECTOR FORUM / THREAD
i guess im gonna have to break the camera out lol
[Image: griffeypanel_zps5b8ec0f2.jpg]
ALSO LOOKING FOR ANY GRIFFEY I DONT HAVE. SO LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING I NEED, ALL WANTS ARE IN.

I try to knock out sets first. The way I see it I'd rather spend 100.00 on 100 cards instead of 100.00 on 1 card. Once I've gone as deep into a set as I can I create a spreadsheet or checklist indicating what I'm missing. Then I move to the next set and maintain the same strategy. I've marked all my wants in my organize. I have Griffey sellers I met at card shows who sell exclusively to me on a monthly basis. I search all card related sites.
[Image: Icons-sig-2-1.gif]

it sounds like me and bob do basically the same thing. i have my beckett org that i am slowly filtering in, but i use an excel spreadsheet for everything before 2011. the bigger sets are fun to complete. i have 5 or so sets that i am down to handfull of cards on each set. i just completed both series of the 99 tek sets. my two major sets that i am working on mostly are the the game used /25 and the boxscore 1/1 sets from 08 spx heros. im also about half way to the amazing name plate that bob has completed.
ALSO LOOKING FOR ANY GRIFFEY I DONT HAVE. SO LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING I NEED, ALL WANTS ARE IN.

Yeah that name plate is a thing of beauty. Thanks to griffey man I have one letter. Its probably one of my favorite cards period, can't imagine what the whole thing is like to own! I think the first set I'm gonna try and complete is the American Hero /725 set from spx, have around 25 of them so far. Baby steps lol
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

Here's my part for the thread...

[Image: griffey.jpg]

(11-20-2012, 09:34 PM)baker100309 Wrote: Here's my part for the thread...

r those pc or trade?
if that clear cut auto is for trade i need it.

[Image: 2012-09-18_19-11-46_467.jpg]

I've got this one still marked for trade.

I could go for either of those Auto's, hell any auto. I think that will be my next purchase is an Auto since it's the only thing I dont have yet. Have a bunch of GU and a Printing Plate but no Auto
My collection method is more of a big shotgun approach. Have a big want list all marked up in my org so I can search peoples stuff for Griffey and look for those nice gold stars. Then it's a matter of hoping I have something they want.

This season though it helps that I'm willing to pay cash for some stuff, last season not so much. I'd like to grab another 1K - 1.5K uniques by March or April when I start going outside for golf again.

(11-20-2012, 09:34 PM)baker100309 Wrote: Here's my part for the thread...

That spotlight auto is sweet. I have to check I may have one, but I do have one of the printing plates. Smile

[Image: griffeymailday12_zps2a34b983.jpg]
[Image: Icons-sig-2-1.gif]

this is an old video of my gameused / auto / 1/1's. all defects are on the cases.