`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Midseason report: 2012 draft busts and why we need to hold off buying their cards

Midseason report: 2012 draft busts and why we need to hold off buying their cards
Sadly the football season is half over and a lot of teams have no chance at the post season including my Miami Dolphins so I thought it would be wise to discuss players who were drafted this year who were suppose to make an impact but have been a bust or close to it.

For the Phins it has to be Michael Egnew TE. He is 6 feet 5 inches tall and weighs 255lbs but has not played in any game this season. He only had 4 catches in the entire preseason for 48 yards. Keep in mind the Phins drafted him because he is a big guy who can catch the ball. Too bad he cant see the field!!! Oh and for those wondering he was a 3rd round draft pick!!!

My advice is dont buy his cards until further notice!!!

Who else needs to be added to the list? Try sticking to players who were drafted in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd rounds as its hard to put expectations on later round guys IMO.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

RE: Midseason report: 2012 draft busts and why we need to hold off buying their cards
Have not seen the ability to beat a defender by Blackmon yet. Still quite a few people blaming qb play, but Shorts dosent seem to be having any problems with it.

RE: Midseason report: 2012 draft busts and why we need to hold off buying their cards
(11-17-2012, 08:49 PM)alxtb Wrote: Have not seen the ability to beat a defender by Blackmon yet. Still quite a few people blaming qb play, but Shorts dosent seem to be having any problems with it.
Thats a good one. Blackmon was supposed to make an immediate impact and really has been a dud.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

Stephen Hill and Michael Floyd would probably have to be added to this list
[Image: Banner.jpg]
Sports Card Album
Contenders Collection
UF: 39/46 (84.8%)
Phins: 14/56 (25.0%)

(11-17-2012, 09:00 PM)jmessick86 Wrote: Stephen Hill and Michael Floyd would probably have to be added to this list
Stephen Hill leads the Jets in reception TDs. If he ad a QB he might be doing a little more.
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

I've heard people say Blackmon isnt even trying that hard which is disappointing.

AJ Jenkins
LaMichael James

(11-17-2012, 10:19 PM)ugameck Wrote: Stephen Hill leads the Jets in reception TDs. If he ad a QB he might be doing a little more.
3 TD's isn't bad, but how many drops has he had this season?
Sports Card Album
Contenders Collection

I do NOT think LMJ should be added to this list. He knew coming into the season that he would be a special teamer and a 3rd string back behind Gore and Hunter.

Would agree with Blackmon, and Floyd. Granted, if they had went to teams with better QBs who knows what they can do. I would like to see AZ part ways with both Kolb and the other QBs. Gotta give Lindley a chance.

I think Brandon Weeden should be added to this list. He was supposed to be better than McCoy, but I think they are finding out about that the hard way. Granted, if he had any kind of pass protection who knows.

Well looks like Blackmon got the memo.

(11-18-2012, 05:09 PM)jdetter23 Wrote: Well looks like Blackmon got the memo.
Yeah I definitely think Blackmon read this thread lol
Sports Card Album
Contenders Collection