`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
psa / bgs

psa / bgs
I know this probably won't happen, but it would probably help both of the top grading companies if they worked together and whenever a card was sent for a re-grade, the company would notify the other so that they can remove it (or signify that it was sent for a regrade). I believe it would help increase the value of the graded cards.

I wonder if beckett or psa already does it when a card is sent for a regrade. I imagine most people would remove the cards themselves, but in the event they dont, would bgs remove the older graded card from the pop list after regrading it?

just a random thought...

RE: psa / bgs
I don't think this would ever happen. There is no money to be made in this thought process. This would only benefit a few collectors. Beckett has regraded a lot of cards that have come from them alone. If I owned my own grading company, I wouldn't think twice about grading a card again. It's all about profit. As a collector, if I picked up a graded card that I think I could get a better grade on, I'll do it. The only thing that would upset me is to find out that my graded card isn't real.
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

I think my thought process is this...

say there are 10 graded bgs 9.5 jordan cards in existance
5 of them go to psa to get cracked and regraded. Doesnt matter really what grade they get at psa.
After the regrade at psa, only 5 remain but the pop will still show 10.
If bgs knows this, they can clean up their records and show the correct number of cards in existance.

For the collector, the value of the card goes up
For the grading company, they would make more money because people with those cards will see that there are only 5 bgs 9.5 and know that the value is high if they have one so they'll try to get them graded.

I think its a win-win for everyone.

I know its nearly impossible to keep track of, but who knows...theres a pop of like 250 jordan fleer rookies graded bgs 9.5 but maybe only 200 really exist because they got regraded.

I understand where you are coming from, but the main problem is that no one sends in graded cards to the companies. People that get cards regraded crack open the cases themselves. I know Beckett isn't going to crack open a case. I don't think any company would do it because of possible damage to the card. For BGS or PSA to knowingly regrade a card, would hurt business. It would actually drop value down because everyone would suspect that there isn't any integrity.

If a company decided to knowingly change a grade, it could cause legal ramifications as well. It could suggest that one specific company didn't know how to properly grade (which grading is subjective as is). Remember that you also have people out there that would try to take these companies to court because it would prove that the quality in which money was rendered didn't match the product that was produced.

Beckett actually allows you to send in graded cards by other companies. You can specify the minimum grade that you want and if it doesn't meet it, they wont crack it. If it does, then they will crack and reslab it.

(11-16-2012, 09:36 PM)Elee712 Wrote: Beckett actually allows you to send in graded cards by other companies. You can specify the minimum grade that you want and if it doesn't meet it, they wont crack it. If it does, then they will crack and reslab it.
I guess I stand corrected, lol. Keep hope alive.