`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.43 Average
Jordan vs Jordan

RE: Jordan vs Jordan
I'm kinda bias I guess. I love both don't get me wrong. Who wouldn't want to have the highest ever graded insert?

For me, it's the PMG. I've seen the video you posted and man does it sparkle. It's a beautiful card. Something about MJ's upper torso on the Gold 9.5 that just looks weird. I'm more into him doing an action pose. The action shot on there is cool, but they could have added another type of photo to go with it...maybe I'm just weird. lol

Anyways rare23, I would take either one, but love the PMG. Awesome stuff man.

(11-18-2012, 11:39 AM)mickey7mantle7 Wrote: I'm kinda bias I guess. I love both don't get me wrong. Who wouldn't want to have the highest ever graded insert?

For me, it's the PMG. I've seen the video you posted and man does it sparkle. It's a beautiful card. Something about MJ's upper torso on the Gold 9.5 that just looks weird. I'm more into him doing an action pose. The action shot on there is cool, but they could have added another type of photo to go with it...maybe I'm just weird. lol

Anyways rare23, I would take either one, but love the PMG. Awesome stuff man.
lol no you're not weird at all. Actually, I'm sort of in the same boat as you. Although I think the Gold Embossed Refractor is one of the coolest looking inserts and one of my favs, the original PMG Red or Green has that Etched Holo-Foil that shines it's luster like nothing else. These cards are incredibly hard to depict with just pictures or scans. You really have to see them in your hands to appreciate how gorgeous they truly are. There's a reason why they're established as the top parallel 90's inserts. Demand is the biggest as well. Having listed both cards and entertaining offers, I can surely tell you the PMG Red attracts far more interest and collectors around the world. It's received several 5-digit offers from all different buyers.

Speaking of videos... here are videos of both cards. Camera does an ok job trying to capture the essence of the cards but again, you really have to see them in your hands to really appreciate them.

Make sure to watch them in Full 1080P HD to get max details.

1997-98 Metal Universe PRECIOUS METAL GEMS Ruby Michael Jordan

1997-98 Finest GOLD EMBOSSED REFRACTOR Michael Jordan BGS 9.5+

I shared them on my FB too...lol

What is it with people posting videos of beautiful cards with enya type background music???? Lol just wondering : )
Jun how much did u end up selling your Fleer RC BGS 9.5+ for to mnmiracle if u don't mind me asking? And is he a stand up guy? Cause I've heard shady things about him before!?

(11-20-2012, 06:14 PM)bengu Wrote: What is it with people posting videos of beautiful cards with enya type background music???? Lol just wondering : )
Jun how much did u end up selling your Fleer RC BGS 9.5+ for to mnmiracle if u don't mind me asking? And is he a stand up guy? Cause I've heard shady things about him before!?
lol I was going to mute it but felt so boring the entire time. A lil bit of classical never hurts. Wink

I've heard of shady things here and there about him but also good things too.

I believe I ended up selling it tad under $6k. It was a BGS 9.5 with 10 Centering and the rest 9.5 subs. He paid quick and easy but the only thing remotely shady is that he used his alternate accounts. He buys them with a different ID and lists them under MNMIRACLE.

I would pick the PMG, but only because I already have the Finest. I started collecting Jordan cards in the mid 90s and already then I was thinking that the PMG was overpriced and I never managed to pick one up for a decent price, even though I liked the card. I just checked my records and it looks as if the purchase of the Finest was probably my best deal ever: I managed to buy the Finest and a 98-99 Skybox Rubies for $ 1850.
All this talk of price manipulation on 90s inserts makes me wonder if I should start selling some of those.
[Image: Sig_zps7c9cccea.jpg]

(11-28-2012, 12:28 PM)Troubless Wrote: I would pick the PMG, but only because I already have the Finest. I started collecting Jordan cards in the mid 90s and already then I was thinking that the PMG was overpriced and I never managed to pick one up for a decent price, even though I liked the card. I just checked my records and it looks as if the purchase of the Finest was probably my best deal ever: I managed to buy the Finest and a 98-99 Skybox Rubies for $ 1850.
All this talk of price manipulation on 90s inserts makes me wonder if I should start selling some of those.
Lets see some pics!!!
Regardless of whether your going to sell or not, would be cool to see what ya have!!!
Collecting BGS 9.5 MJ 90's inserts

[Image: MJBGS95PC_zpsaa817dfe.jpg]

[/quote]

I guess it depends what you plan on doing with what you have. Are you still collecting, getting out? I see you are a new member and sounds like you have some high end stuff. Are you new on here because you are wanting to sell or what?

(11-28-2012, 12:58 PM)mickey7mantle7 Wrote: I guess it depends what you plan on doing with what you have. Are you still collecting, getting out? I see you are a new member and sounds like you have some high end stuff. Are you new on here because you are wanting to sell or what?
Good question! As I said I started collecting in the mid 90s, and I stopped in 2001, both because it was getting too expensive and I didn't want any Jordan cards in a Wizard's uniform. I put my collection away for some 10 years now, and I just got on Beckett to check some of the prices and see the evolution of some of the top end cards. Needless to say I was surprised to see that the bulk of my collection was very much in demand. Selling now with a view to buy back later when prices have corrected might sound like a good idea IF there is some price manipulation going on. Any views?
[Image: Sig_zps7c9cccea.jpg]

(11-28-2012, 01:43 PM)Troubless Wrote: Good question! As I said I started collecting in the mid 90s, and I stopped in 2001, both because it was getting too expensive and I didn't want any Jordan cards in a Wizard's uniform. I put my collection away for some 10 years now, and I just got on Beckett to check some of the prices and see the evolution of some of the top end cards. Needless to say I was surprised to see that the bulk of my collection was very much in demand. Selling now with a view to buy back later when prices have corrected might sound like a good idea IF there is some price manipulation going on. Any views?
Well, if you PM me I'll manipulate you plenty lol...would love to see pics of what you have. If you have scanner access that would be best. Open a photobucket account and upload them there, then copy the IMG CODE here or in a PM, which ever you would prefer..