`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2012 Topps Chrome Comparison $100+ worth each of Blasters, Hobby Box, and Rack Packs

2012 Topps Chrome Comparison $100+ worth each of Blasters, Hobby Box, and Rack Packs
Here is the break down. You can decide which is the best value.

2012 Topps Chrome

Hobby Box ($105)
Juron Criner On Card Auto

Mohamed Sanu Red Zone Rookies Die Cut

Dont’a Hightower Black Refractor (196/299)

Tall Boys (2) (Kendall Wright & Mohamed Sanu)

1984 Topps Rookies (4) (LaMichael James, Stephen Hoill, Alshon Jeffrey, Ronnie Hillman)

1957 Topps Rookies (2) (David Wilson, Justin Blackmon)

Rookie Refractors (4) (Osemele, McClellin, Iloka, Benjamin)

Rookies (36) Including: RGIII, Ballard, Turbin, Hillman, Kuechly, Hill, and Russell Wilson

Vincent Jackson Camo Refractor (143/499)

Dez Bryant Sepia Refractor (74/99)

Drew Brees Pink Refractor (226/399)

D’Qwell Jackson Prism Refractor (178/216)

Refractors (4) (Pierre-Paul, Mathews, Blount, LeSean McCoy)
2001 Topps Rookie Reprint Drew Brees

5 Blaster Boxes ($105)

No Autos

Robert Griffin III Red Zone Rookies Die Cut
Stephen Hill Red Zone Rookies Die Cut

Tall Boys (3) (Nick Foles, Isaiah Pead, DeVier Posey)

1984 Topps Rookies (7) (RGIII, T.J. Graham, Fleener, Floyd, Tannehill, Hill, and Givens)

1957 Topps Rookies (3) (Kendall Wright, Stephen Hill, Doug Martin)

Rookie Refractors (8) (Cordy Glenn, Marvin Jones, Tavon Wilson, Antonio Allen, Upshaw, Herron, Jonathan Martin, and Mike Adams)

Rookies (58) Including: Andrew Luck, Doug Martin, Weeden, Tannehill, Foles, Hilton, James, Jeffrey, Wright, Allen, Barron, Claiborne, Fleener, Osweiler, Floyd

Dwayne Allen Camo Refractor (15/499)
Courtney Upshaw Camo Refractor (490/499)

Rookie Xfractors (7) (Konz, Dennard, Childs, Boykin, Gray, Jarius Wright, and Lindley)

Mike Williams Purple Refractor (286/499)

Matt Ryan Pink Refractor (395/399)

Andy Dalton Blue Refractor (173/199)

Refractors (6) (Reggie Bush, Cribbs, Ray Rice, Colston, Finley, and Suggs)

Veteran Xfractors (6) Clay Matthews, Hasselbeck, Earl Thomas, Harvin, DeMarco Murray, and Steve Johnson)

1985 Topps Waarren Moon
1965 Topps Joe Namath

12 Rack Packs ($118)

Luke Kuechly Sticker Autograph

Bernard Pierce Red Zone Rookies Die Cut

Tall Boys (1) Alshon Jeffrey

1984 Topps Rookies (7) (Tannehill, Russell Wilson, Toon, Pierce, David Wilson, Sanu, and Randle)

1957 Topps Rookies (4) (Andrew Luck, Trent Richardson, Stephen Hill and Brandon Weeden)

Rookie Refractors (7) (Ant. Allen, Glenn, Martin, Russell Wilson, Tavon Wilson, Mike Adams, and Winn)

Rookies (50) Including: RGIII, Kuechly, Quick, Jeffrey, Claiborne, Russell Wilson, Trent Richardson, Osweiler, Bruce Irvin, Ballard, Turbin, and Jarius Wright

Cam Johnson Camo Refractor (276/499)

Rookie Xfractors (7) (Benjamin, Nick Perry, Broyles, Brockers, McClellin, Hunter Smith, and Osemele)

David Wilson Purple Refractor (10/499)
Brandon Taylor Purple Refractor (342/499)
Alshon Jeffrey Purple Refractor (76/499)

Vinny Curry Pink Refractor (263/399)

Rookie Orange Refractors (19) Including: Andrew Luck, Givens, Cousins, Barron, Quick, Dwayne Allen, Lamar Miller, Worthy, and David Wilson

Darren McFadden Pink Refractor (383/399)

Ndamukung Suh Blue Refractor (28/199)
Tony Romo Blue Refractor (198/199)

Veteran Refractors (5) (Willis, Mathis, LeSean McCoy, Matt Ryan, and Marshawn Lynch)

Veteran Orange Refractors (17) Including: Mario Williams, Cribbs, Sanchez, Orakpo, Mike Williams, Randy Moss, Gates, Maclin, Palmer, Ray Lewis, Sproles, Freeman, Victor Cruz, Desean Jackson, Gabbert, Hali, and Arian Foster

Veteran Xfractors (5) (Greg Jennings, Mark Ingram, Ponder, Fitzpatrick, and Roddy White)
[Image: HornungNamePicture.jpg]
My photobucket: http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q209/coachlew10/
Green Bay Packer Auto collector!!! Current and HOF Packers.

RE: 2012 Topps Chrome Comparison $100+ worth each of Blasters, Hobby Box, and Rack Packs
Is the Criner auto of any type of color or is it a base auto? I would say the Dez Sepia was the best hobby pull(lots of Cowboys fans in the world). IMO the blasters could have been worse...but they could have been better. It looks like the rack packs were pretty good to you.

MY question is about the Hightower Black refractor. Is it FT by any chance?
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

RE: 2012 Topps Chrome Comparison $100+ worth each of Blasters, Hobby Box, and Rack Packs
I kind of like the rack pack return for you. But if you are looking for autos - you will definitely get one in hobby and you could spend $500 in retail and not get one (not likely - just sayin...)
But its hard to complain about the ROI on blasters or rack packs if you take the auto guarantee out of the equation. Just my opinion of course.
I've bought 3 blasters with no autos, but a nice bunch of rookies, parallels and inserts. (Similar to yours) I will buy a box of hobby, just to take a shot at a good auto but I will probably end up with a Criner type pull - lol.
One question though - on the sticker auto from the rack pack - does anyone know if there are sticker autos AND on card autos for the same players? In other words, are all of the rookie autos in retail or are their on card versions of the same player in hobby?
NY Giants and HOF/legend/superstar collector.
[Image: GiantsFade.png]

I'd be willing to buy the Andy Dalton Blue refractor, PM me a price?

Yeah I don't believe in the one is a better value than the other. The bottom line is hits are random and will be different from box to box and pack to pack. So because you hit one bad box and a few good retail packs doesn't really mean the bad box isn't the better value overall.

If you want an auto that you will sell for $5 then buy the Hobby box. But if you're looking for more value, it looks like the rack packs or blaster boxes delivered more in value. You got more inserts, refractors and all. The only you didn't get is an auto.

With the exception of Griffin and Luck, most base autos from this stuff won't sell for more than $10-$12 in my opinion.

I have never bought a hobby box of Topps Chrome and have been putting sets together every year since 2007 through blasters and rack packs, trading away any doubles I get.

I'd be interested in the Dez sepia if it's for trade?
[Image: Z7CfI.png]
Atlanta Braves (Heyward, Beachy), Dallas Cowboys (Dez, Claiborne), Iowa Hawkeyes, Georgia Bulldogs (AJ Green), collecting them all!

Bucket: http://s1075.photobucket.com/albums/w430...r%20Trade/

(11-15-2012, 06:23 AM)JMarchand1981 Wrote: Is the Criner auto of any type of color or is it a base auto? I would say the Dez Sepia was the best hobby pull(lots of Cowboys fans in the world). IMO the blasters could have been worse...but they could have been better. It looks like the rack packs were pretty good to you.

Sure. Looking for GB Packer 2012 Chrome stuff, or other GB Packer stuff.
(11-15-2012, 09:26 AM)bselje Wrote: I kind of like the rack pack return for you. But if you are looking for autos - you will definitely get one in hobby and you could spend $500 in retail and not get one (not likely - just sayin...)
But its hard to complain about the ROI on blasters or rack packs if you take the auto guarantee out of the equation. Just my opinion of course.
I've bought 3 blasters with no autos, but a nice bunch of rookies, parallels and inserts. (Similar to yours) I will buy a box of hobby, just to take a shot at a good auto but I will probably end up with a Criner type pull - lol.
One question though - on the sticker auto from the rack pack - does anyone know if there are sticker autos AND on card autos for the same players? In other words, are all of the rookie autos in retail or are their on card versions of the same player in hobby?
I don't know about the sticker vs the on card autos for Retail stuff. Someone that opened more hobby boxes could probably give you a far better answer then me.

Thanks

(11-15-2012, 06:23 AM)JMarchand1981 Wrote: Is the Criner auto of any type of color or is it a base auto? I would say the Dez Sepia was the best hobby pull(lots of Cowboys fans in the world). IMO the blasters could have been worse...but they could have been better. It looks like the rack packs were pretty good to you.

Criner is FT. I have not put anything for 2012 Chrome in my organize yet. I would be looking for GB Packer Auto for it.
(11-15-2012, 01:33 PM)chevy man 22 Wrote: Yeah I don't believe in the one is a better value than the other. The bottom line is hits are random and will be different from box to box and pack to pack. So because you hit one bad box and a few good retail packs doesn't really mean the bad box isn't the better value overall.
That is not the point to this thread. It is informational only, not judgemental. I'm fine with all the hits I got. I posted names of players only to move them if anyone wanted them. I'll keep the GB Packer items only.
(11-15-2012, 01:37 PM)Magnifico21 Wrote: I'd be interested in the Dez sepia if it's for trade?
It is available ft. I haven't put any in the organize yet, but I am looking for GB Packer items similar to that card. I like the Chrome, so I'd be interested in Chrome refractors of GB Packer guys.
(11-15-2012, 01:36 PM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: If you want an auto that you will sell for $5 then buy the Hobby box. But if you're looking for more value, it looks like the rack packs or blaster boxes delivered more in value. You got more inserts, refractors and all. The only you didn't get is an auto.

With the exception of Griffin and Luck, most base autos from this stuff won't sell for more than $10-$12 in my opinion.

I have never bought a hobby box of Topps Chrome and have been putting sets together every year since 2007 through blasters and rack packs, trading away any doubles I get.
Makes sense to me. Especially with a site like this that has multiple people breaking all three types of packs for you to trade with. It is strange though that at least one of the players was not pulled in a base RC in any of the three types I got (Justin Blackmon).
[Image: HornungNamePicture.jpg]
My photobucket: http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q209/coachlew10/
Green Bay Packer Auto collector!!! Current and HOF Packers.