IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Miguel Cabrera 2012 A.L. MVP!!!!!!

Miguel Cabrera 2012 A.L. MVP!!!!!!
Congrats Miggy!!! Long overdue!!!

RE: Miguel Cabrera 2012 A.L. MVP!!!!!!
He earned it for sure. If anyone else won it, I would have called the highest amount of shenanigans ever. The one sad thing about today is that baseball is finally over. Now we have to wait until March for the WBC.

(11-15-2012, 07:09 PM)dallas_collecter84 Wrote: He earned it for sure. If anyone else won it, I would have called the highest amount of shenanigans ever. The one sad thing about today is that baseball is finally over. Now we have to wait until March for the WBC.
I agree with everything you saidSmile

(11-15-2012, 07:09 PM)dallas_collecter84 Wrote: He earned it for sure. If anyone else won it, I would have called the highest amount of shenanigans ever. The one sad thing about today is that baseball is finally over. Now we have to wait until March for the WBC.
I know. Miggy deserves it. First Triple Crown since Yaz, can't ignore that. I miss baseball, too. You know Bart Giammatti's poem, right? That sums it up perfectly. I'm really looking forward to WBC.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

Yahoo. Good job Miggy. Can't wait for April in the D!!!!
Currently collecting Mike Trout, Bo Jackson and Al Kaline.

Sets for sale or trade:

1998 Leaf Rookies & Stars-- 99.7% complete.
1999 Finest-- Complete.
2000 Bowman Chrome-- Complete.
2001 Studio---97% complete.

Obviously, I'm glad he won it. With all the talk leading up to it, I must admit I'm surprised that he ran away with it. Gotta believe that the baseball writers of america are a fairly old school bunch and were definitely swayed by the triple crown (as they should be). I think Trout had a great year and is a nearly-as-deserving candidate. I can see both sides of the coin, but was definitely rooting for the guy I watched play every single night (just about) for the last five years.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

I thought the voting would be closer than it was. That was a surprise that he got so many 1st place votes. A pleasant oneSmile

Way to go Miggy! He definetly deserved it this year. I too thought it would be a little bit closer vote. He had a great year and I can't wait to see what the line up does next year with Hunter there and Victor coming back.

Anyone who leads in the 3 coveted offensive categories should expect to win MVP, sorry Trout. MVP and Triple Crown is a very impressive way to end a regular season.
[Image: Icons-sig-2-1.gif]

Congrats to Miggy, it's nice to see the MVP win the MVP. If Trout is indeed the real deal then he will most definatly have his time in the sun. To me Trout seems to be a supped up version of Ricky Henderson but I'll only pass that cool aid out if he does it again in 2013. As of right now no one swings the bat like Miggy. He flat out toys with pitchers.