`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trading GUI - Filter by "want"?

Trading GUI - Filter by "want"?
Sorry for the crappy title. I had no idea how to title this appropriately.

When someone has proposed a trade, and you attempt to counteroffer by adding items which they have available, is there anyway to quickly do a direct comparison between what they have available and what you have marked as "want" in your own organize?

I collect Yankees primarily, but after that I have a whole slew of little collections I am trying to throw together. Once I look at their Yankee cards (and assuming I don't want any), it would be nice to apply a filter which showed me cards they have which I have marked as wanted. Is this possible? It would be a great filter addition if it's not a current option.

RE: Trading GUI - Filter by "want"?
my thoughts exactly!
and it is possible because we had it before the big changeover
it would show your wants with a star and they would all show at the top of the traders list if he had anything ft that you had marked "want" and that made it quick and easy instead of looking thru everything a trader had, looking for the "star" (wants)
also there was a feature that listed traders that had any of your wants (instead of looking each card up to see who has it available ft)
and those cards again would be marked with a "star" and listed at the top of their trade list
those were very nice features and in slightly different forms still do exist
i'm glad you brought it up
thank you

Certainly seems as though it would make trading a bit easier!

All you have to do is be able to narrow your search by using broad search terms and utilizing the filters.
But yes, I would love to have the old system of auto-filtering wants to the top of the list.
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

That's the feature I miss the most, have those wants pop to the top. Hopefully they will be able to implement this, but I am not holding my breath.
50,000+ Red Sox cards and counting.

(11-15-2012, 12:42 PM)petesahuttt Wrote: All you have to do is be able to narrow your search by using broad search terms and utilizing the filters.
But yes, I would love to have the old system of auto-filtering wants to the top of the list.
This works for some PC's, like sets or players, but I have some oddball ones, like Topps All-Star Rookies (I thought they were the greatest when I was a kid). So many years, teams, players, etc. Definitely would be nice if they were at the top of the list or there was a filter to click on.

you used to be able to search and it would spit out the results of only those members who actually had "starred" items in their org... now that i really miss
[Image: bZcet.png]
(Banner by jbel4331)
Adam Dunn Super Collector.

I don't hear anyone being opposed to this. Is there anyway to launch a campaign to get Beckett's attention without breaking any rules?

I've heard this suggested several times. It's a great idea and I don't know what makes it so difficult to implement.

One issue I have is that marking a card as a "want" is virtually useless. Plus, it grays out the item in the beckett data base, which makes it impossible to know at a glance whether I have it or want it.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

One little tip, that I discovered through some experimentation, is that you have to have the card marked as "trade for" in organize, not just "want", to get a gold star to appear next to the card when searching someones inventory during trade.

Want only - No star
Trade For only - Star
Want + Trade For - Star

I had most marked only as want, and no gold star would appear. Doesn't solve the filtering problem, but helpful still.