`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
It finally happened! Shipping Issue

RE: It finally happened! Shipping Issue
Ok, haven't read this thread in months, interesting. I haven't sold on eBay since. Pissed me off that bad. Now, reading this, I realized that there are some serious shipping snobs on here. Yikes.

(03-07-2013, 01:04 PM)therobertogato Wrote: Ok, haven't read this thread in months, interesting. I haven't sold on eBay since. Pissed me off that bad. Now, reading this, I realized that there are some serious shipping snobs on here. Yikes.
*adds therobertogato to "do not buy from" list*

(11-19-2012, 12:38 AM)dyarberry Wrote: Any seller that can't ship using a bubble wrap envelope for any trading card should be thrown off ebay! Just because the card may only be a couple bucks makes absolutely no difference. How many times did someone on here need a $3 card to get graded out at BGS 9 or better to go in a set? That $3 card means allot more to the buyer then you may think and they want it delivered in the best possible shape. Charging $1.50 and using a PWE tells me only one thing.... the seller sucks! Sorry but its true if I buy a card off ebay I expect a bubble envelope as well as it to be packaged properly in that bubble envelope. When I sell a card I ship it like I want it shipped to me. I charge $2.95 for shipping (always willing to combine shipping) but I never and mean NEVER had a problem with someone saying they didn't get it or it wasn't packed properly and my feedback I have 5 stars on every category but shipping costs and that one has 4.9 so bottom line a buyer doesn't mind paying a little more for shipping as long as you do the job you should be doing as a seller.... you took a short cut and tried to be cheap about it and you got burned refund the buyers money, and hopefully if you continue to sell on ebay you will ship cards the correct way from now on. It's a no brainer.

wow bro, harsh much? I was gunna stay out of this, EVEN THOUGH I AGREE WITH YOU, I think you could be a little more...idk...POLITE
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

It's a really simple process. You sell a card on ebay no matter what the value or sell price and you list in a certain condition. Like New, Nm-mt whatever.

1. The card has to arrive to the buyer or the seller is responsible. That is ebay's policy. DC for every sale.

2. The card has to arrive in the condition you listed it as. PWE does not get the job done. Doesn't matter if it is just a $.10 card from 1990 skybox. The buyer bought the card for a reason and he chose your auction because it looked the way he wanted it (centering, etc.) and was in a condition he wanted.

3. Ebay ALWAYS protects the buyer. As a seller you can't even leave negative feedback for a buyer no matter what happens. Also non paying bidders aren't really even penalized anymore. Ebay does not want to discourage anyone who is going to spend money on their website.
ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade

I never was required by Paypal to use DC. Although I always use DC just to cover my a#@.
Also, we all receive cards in Bubble mailers, so just reuse them. Its basically free. I use white paper, write the address on there then tape it around the Bubble mailer. Good as new. Saves me a bunch.
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

(03-07-2013, 02:58 PM)quavis Wrote: I never was required by Paypal to use DC. Although I always use DC just to cover my a#@.
if you dont use DC, you are not qualified for seller protection

http://pages.ebay.com/paypal/seller/

OK, But its not required to sell on ebay like you said you HAD to to be a seller. Thats for ebay buyer protection, not Paypal.

(03-07-2013, 03:23 PM)quavis Wrote: OK, But its not required to sell on ebay like you said you HAD to to be a seller. Thats for ebay buyer protection, not Paypal.
no, not buyer protection, seller protection.

as far as paypal is concerned (which is owened by ebay, but nonetheless)

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/se...learn-more

Seller Protection:

When you are covered:
•Your transaction is marked either eligible or partially eligible. You can check the status on the Transaction Details page.
•Your primary residence, as listed in your PayPal account, is in the United States.
•The item is a physical, tangible good that can be shipped.

For all transactions, keep proof of shipment and delivery that can be tracked online. If your buyer picks the item up in person, or you can't provide traceable proof of delivery, your transaction won’t qualify.

For payments over $250 USD (or local currency equivalent, including shipping and tax) or more, be sure that you have signature confirmation of delivery in addition to proof of shipment

You ship the item to the shipping address listed on the PayPal Transaction Details page. If you’re not selling on eBay, make sure you ship to a Confirmed Address. This means that you’re shipping to an address that PayPal has validated to help reduce chances of fraud.

------------------------------------

ebay, paypal...both.

I ment Seller. But regardless its not required, just urged. you can sell all day every day and never use confirmation. Although, I wouldn't.

(03-07-2013, 03:31 PM)quavis Wrote: But regardless its not required, just urged. you can sell all day every day and never use confirmation. Although, I wouldn't.
You CAN rob a bank or you CAN speed and run through stop signs and red lights. The world is full of things we CAN do, but whether or not they are right or are the smart thing to do is another question.

The point here is that you will not have a case or you will not have seller protection if you do not have some form of proof that you shipped the item and it was received by the buyer.

I ship everything with DC. Even all of my trades on here. For one it is free with paypal shipping when you ship first class and it is only $.20 when you ship using media mail. I think it is like $.90 if you go to the post office.
ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade